solo 210 carb settings

outkast

Hello Peeps, I have just rebiult the carb on my solo 210, its the tillitson carb not the warlbro, now before I did this I looked up some info on the net about setting it up afterwards, the setting for the 2 screws are low screw one quarter turns out and the high screw three quarters turn out, this seemed fine until I set the as above, they seem to be far less out then they were before I removed them, has anyone set their high/low screws recently and how many turns out did you set them too.

Thanks, Chaps

Dave.

when i had tilotson i had some fiddlin to do and the settings i got off the net was no were near the high screw was three quarters and the low was one and half turns and i was somewere there i might be confussed which it was high or low for the settings but try it both ways

• 2 weeks later...

Dave

I run a tillotson on my Adventure Solo 210 and had to re set it following a strip down recently.

I dont think your initial settings are too far out at 1 1/4 for the L and about 3/4 to 1 turn out for the H.

Remember these are just a rough starting point and you will need to fine tune both screws.

If you have a copy of the Powered paragliding bible there is a good section detailing how to tune a membrane carb on page 231.

You are as well to double check with a plug chop once you have adjusted it to make sure it isnt running too lean.

Best of luck

Jacko

Dave

I run a tillotson on my Adventure Solo 210 and had to re set it following a strip down recently.

I dont think your initial settings are too far out at 1 1/4 for the L and about 3/4 to 1 turn out for the H.

Remember these are just a rough starting point and you will need to fine tune both screws.

If you have a copy of the Powered paragliding bible there is a good section detailing how to tune a membrane carb on page 231.

You are as well to double check with a plug chop once you have adjusted it to make sure it isnt running too lean.

Best of luck

Jacko

Thanks Jacko, I found quite a bit of info on the net for solo 210s but not much on the tillotson carb.

Cheers, Dave.

• 5 years later...