bargain 2

outkast

Calibrated in Metres, good for odd Continentals and our Russian and Chinese friends. Not accurate/clear enough to read and doesn't have the facility to set the subscale setting. It is a barometer, you set the thing on the ground (MSL or Airfield level) then use it. Cannot set the subscale in flight to a meaningful value. :roll: ?

No built for aeronauts I'm afraid - 'prat gear'.

20081014-p3q4fs2x7p7m67ei54eh3hah7h.jpg

No offense Simon, I'd quite like an analogue wrist mounted altimeter with the missing facilities above - handy.

Wouldnt the blood all be coming out at the other end vapourised, along with bits of turbine, bits of paramotor, copious fuel from severed supply lines and a large fireball engulfing most of the starboard wing?

Curiously I fly with Metres and feet simultaneously. Am I ambialtimetrous?

Actually it occurs to me to ask, particularly Norman and Ian(s), what would/could the passenger jet pilot do to avoid the errant paramotorist?

You emerge from a cloud on a 500 metre collision course with a PPG........

Also what would/could we, as the "rogue drogue", do to avoid that collision?

Its a game called "Chicken" :lol::shock::shock::shock:

Well they shouldnt by law....... but it has been known for them to get uncomfortably close.

with 500metres to spare what is the closing speed and reaction time, as an accademic exercise, and what could be done by either pilot in emergency avoidance routine?

edit to my last, they can by law, of course in class G (and F)

At the last fly in at Lambourne we saw a large jet fly through our midst at about 4800'

First the pilot started to wiggle about then put on her lights then flew straight and level. By the time she was within 1000 horizontal metres I was 500' lower.

200kts probably? so 500 metres gives under 10 seconds reaction and action time?

What manouver can a jet pilot achieve in 10 seconds?

...200kts probably? so 500 metres gives under 10 seconds reaction and action time?

What manouver can a jet pilot achieve in 10 seconds?

I could put down the Times crossword in 10 seconds but the cheese board would have to stay!

That was the boys from Lyneham.

They did call me a few days later to say sorry about that, I did not consider it an issue so forgot about telling you all, soz......

Did not expect us to be in the air so late.

SW :D