handy website

outkast

Hello Outcast

At your weight most units would fly you given you have a decent wing of the right size but I can confidently say that plenty of power is easier, and safer, than too little power, aslong as you can walk around with it on your back. I've tried both senarios. Power can be fun too!

Dave

Hello Outcast

At your weight most units would fly you given you have a decent wing of the right size but I can confidently say that plenty of power is easier, and safer, than too little power, aslong as you can walk around with it on your back. I've tried both senarios. Power can be fun too!

Dave

Thanks Dave,

What wings would you recomend for my wieght and the fact I am a newbie?

I'm not that clued up on wings and haven't tried many. You need to set out what you want to achieve. At your level you require safety first and then need to decide if you want speed, which you will, efficiency and or thermalling, which you probably wont want for a while. I would say get a cheap safe wing to learn on and then invest more in your second one perhaps when you have 25 hours flown.

I am going to make more effort to try mates wings now. Most of them fly Revolution, Synthesis and Reaction reflex wings for there slow takeoffs and, trims up, fast cruise. Best of both worlds. I personnally fly an Atis 2, overloaded for speed, which is also good for hill and thermal flying and quite exciting with the motor. Have to run a bit to get up but turns beautifully with light brake pressures. DHV 1-2 and will very quickly loose 14 m/s + if you spiral so care needed.

dave

I'm not that clued up on wings and haven't tried many. You need to set out what you want to achieve. At your level you require safety first and then need to decide if you want speed, which you will, efficiency and or thermalling, which you probably wont want for a while. I would say get a cheap safe wing to learn on and then invest more in your second one perhaps when you have 25 hours flown.

dave

Dave,

I totally agree as that's exactly what I did. Started with a cheaper (safer?) slower wing then after 20ish flights changed to the faster take-off and landing reflex profile Action.

Of those I've asked, the used low hours Revo/Synths for sale are from newbies that bought (were sold?) too fast a wing from new, found it too hard, so gave up.

Cheers

Paul