Hi all, I'll be amazed if this works as I'm pretty illiterate with computers..anyway here goes..

I'm stripping my thor 200 and need to get at the flywheel behind flash starter to check out electrics around magneto.  Just wanted to be sure of direction of nut rotation to loosen before making stupid expensive mistake!

Really appreciate it if anyone can help out a nieve mechanic.

Many thanks guys

80% sure it will be a standard anticlockwise... you ought to be able to confirm this by looking at the thread extending passed the nut.
You are likely to need an impact driver of some sort to shock its tension (the crank will just spin with standard spanner force)
A hammer impact driver might not be too healthy for your bearings so try to get your hands on a drill style impact gun.
If you are stuck and not a million miles from Blackburn, you can do a drive-by here for a brew and use mine (if the winter has not killed the battery :)
If your logic is sound, picking up the "mechanics" of taking care of your own gear is pretty straight forward.