Fuel

14 hours ago, Pink Fliyd said:

Anyone ever use Aspen 2 premix for the Moster 185?

Yep, been using it for several years now, in my Atom 80 paramotors and Moster 185 Adam sub-70. Not cheap but cheaper if you buy in 25 litre drums rather than the 5 litre ones. Burns nice and clean, doesn't smell and doesn't gum up the carbs or rot the rubbers. I can leave it in the tank without worrying about degradation (I didn't use my paramotor while getting my NPPL and when I started it, having left it in the garage for a year with fuel in the tank, it fired right up after priming). I reckon its cost is offset by lack of maintenence costs.

3 hours ago, Pink Fliyd said:

Is it a 50:1 mix? Wondering if I would need to add any oil for break in. 

YMMV but I didn't. Yes it's 50:1. I figured it's so clean and developed for professionals everything would be OK. I've used it on three motors from new. Never added extra oil or extra fuel to the mix.

Engines may be run-in at 50:1 with differing results. Not all engines are the same. Always read the manufacturer's instructions. Your engine may be at risk if you don't. 😉

• 1 month later...

I've got several liters of  Aspen 2 in tank on my  Moster 185. Pry a dumb question but I'm new to these fuel types. Is there any possible problems with topping off the tank with 91 octane+oil mix? Considering the Alkylate type fuel is different than pump fuel. 

21 hours ago, Pink Fliyd said:

Is there any possible problems with topping off the tank with 91 octane+oil mix? 

In short, no, but you are degrading the Aspen with an inferior product and won't benefit from it's properties. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2023 at 12:25 AM, Pink Fliyd said:

Is it a 50:1 mix? Wondering if I would need to add any oil for break in. 

No

break in is normally 50:1

mist run then down to 25:1

however if you run at 50:1 your engine will be better protected 

oil stops you holing pistons engine seizesure etc

recommend motel 8000