Moster Classic air filter

Poppy80

After three years of dry storage during covid19, I fueled up my Paratrike with fresh fuel and pulled the cord twice.
it started and idled ok once it warmed up.  I ran it a few more times and took it up to full revs for 30 seconds.
the next day I found it hard to pull the cord. It only had 40 hours of use and it was suggested to me that the decompression hole might be blocked.  I removed the head and cleaned the decompression hole although it wasn't blocked.
I noticed a slight grinding feeling when I turned the prop by hand and thought it might have something to do with Prop bearings but that was not the case.
When I removed the air filter I discovered the plastic foam inside had turned to powder and had obviously entered the crank case and damaged the bearings. The cylinder bore seems ok and I'm wondering whether it's worth buying con rod, crankshaft bearings and all gaskets needed from the other side of the world to the Philippines and hope they don't get lost or stolen on the way. I promised the wife I'll stop flying when I turn eighty in October but it would be nice to get a few more hours in. Has anybody else had the same problem as mine and was it worth the bother?

filter1.jpg

• Like 1