Local Lad's Return

I'm currently sat in a small room on campus at Lancaster UNI. There are 900 years of my ancestors scattered in graveyards between here and Liverpool!

I was born in Preston and brought up in Blackpool so I know this area very well.

It was not until I scrounged a Heli flight with an old mate of mine tonight that I realised what a fantastic place this would be to fly a paramotor!

Between Preston and the south lakes area, you have the most stunning coast, with most of it being public beach. One or two sensitive areas around Barrow of course, but otherwise, as long as you avoid the quicksands of Morcambe Bay, you are fine! If you fancy some dune flying what about the Ainsdale Desert near Southport? i know it's technically in Merseyside now, but it was still in Lancashire when I lived there :wink:

On top of that, the glorious hills east of Chorley heading towards the Pennine Way. Lot's of open common without the usual restrictions by 'Commoners' and best of all, the Trough of Bowland, just North of Preston.

This should give the Lancs guys something to think about. Highly recommended are flights over Lancaster, Cockermouth, Glasson Dock and Heysham. Just watch the skydiving site at Cockerham and the Heliport serving the rigs out of Heysham.

All of which is easily accessible via the M6.

I :D have to come back here again in September, with any luck I'll be bringing my motor with me

• 3 weeks later...
I'm at home in Lytham St Anne's for holidays but unfortunately don't have any equipment in the UK yet! When I do it would be nice to get together to fly as you are only just up the road.

Alan

Alan,

If you come South to Bath you can borrow mine. It would be nice to meet outside Saudi :-)

Cheers

Paul

Thanks guys that's very kind. I'm on holiday from the 17th Aug to the 7th Sep. I have to visit family but hope to make time to come to visit.

Best Regards

Alan

I'll be driving near you to/from the Strathaven (nr Glasgow) Balloon meeting 23/24 August. A few of us with Paramotors will be there.

Cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi there are 4 pilots in Blackpool so if anyone fancies a flight please contact us, loads of take off sites....Please keep away from North Pier as another pilot who lives near us...whom we do not know has been buzzing the pier and upsetting the council.

Cheers Paul