XC from Guildford

mx19

The proximity of Farnborough and Gatwick limits your options.

To the NE, I flew to the former Wisley airfield and followed the M25 to the East for a while. To the SW, I flew to the Devil's Punchbowl at Hindhead. You can also reach the coast at Brighton, Littlehampton or Portsmouth, but that's probably a one-way flight from Guildford. 

Have a current flight map and NOTAM on hand, because it's a complex airspace all around, you must avoid big areas, or keep relatively low (below 2000 ft).

11 hours ago, Szabi said:

The proximity of Farnborough and Gatwick limits your options.

To the NE, I flew to the former Wisley airfield and followed the M25 to the East for a while. To the SW, I flew to the Devil's Punchbowl at Hindhead. You can also reach the coast at Brighton, Littlehampton or Portsmouth, but that's probably a one-way flight from Guildford. 

Have a current flight map and NOTAM on hand, because it's a complex airspace all around, you must avoid big areas, or keep relatively low (below 2000 ft).

Brilliant thanks a lot! I’ve been looking at the maps trying to plan some trips like this, especially Brighton as that’s where my mum lives. The one thing I need to figure out is somewhere to land There and even takeoff for the return leg!

Do you still fly in the area?