ADS-B EC device SkyEcho2

This may not be in correct catagory

I need to ask as CCA's offer of 50% rebate many of pilots have take the offer and must be using this to transmit there location and some also see other traffic with SE2 connected to IOS or Android device
My question is is there inexpensive app IOS or Android that can show air traffic nearby received directly by SE2 not from ground server
There are some subscription based apps and ends up very expensive

Looking for something cheap with one off purchase

You could try EasyVFR. The basic version is free and I think it might accept a feed from the SkyEcho2. There is one review that mentions it taking info from PilotAware, so perhaps the capability is there. The full (subscription) version does. Trouble is, most of these apps have continuing updates for maps / airspace etc, for which there is obviously a cost, thus need for subscription.

I believe the dev of FySkyhy has tried to integrate but without success. I spoke to one of the guys at UAvionix and he mentioned they had been in touch but not sure of the current state of play.

There is the new app SkySafe. It's free, though there's an option to subscribe to higher tiers, and it highlights all ADSB, FLARM and OGN aircraft in the vicinity. Downside is it's receive only and cellular based, though this could be an advantage. Might cause an issue if you're using a SE2, as you'd be constantly alerted of your presence. Not tried the app but there may be a setting to override this.

C.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 07:26, chrsfrwll said:

You could try EasyVFR. The basic version is free and I think it might accept a feed from the SkyEcho2. There is one review that mentions it taking info from PilotAware, so perhaps the capability is there. The full (subscription) version does. Trouble is, most of these apps have continuing updates for maps / airspace etc, for which there is obviously a cost, thus need for subscription.

I believe the dev of FySkyhy has tried to integrate but without success. I spoke to one of the guys at UAvionix and he mentioned they had been in touch but not sure of the current state of play.

There is the new app SkySafe. It's free, though there's an option to subscribe to higher tiers, and it highlights all ADSB, FLARM and OGN aircraft in the vicinity. Downside is it's receive only and cellular based, though this could be an advantage. Might cause an issue if you're using a SE2, as you'd be constantly alerted of your presence. Not tried the app but there may be a setting to override this.

C.

Hi Thanks for feedback EasyVFR basic is free but that only let you be aware of airspaces around tou EasyVFR is next with £69/years subsection is not cheap for pensioner who only fly 15-20 hours a year
FlySkyHy will be great I have purchased few extensions of that and really like using that 

Safesky doesn't connect via SE2 but works on internet and provides data from a ground based server which has delay which I have tried at local strip my friend has landed his light aircraft and it was showing plane linking up for landing

There is another app AirMAte claim to be using GDL90 feed from SE2 I have been trying that it shows connected to SE2 and I have not seen any traffic on that yet when I can see two or three of my friends flying above I can see them on Safesky but not on AirMate 

My SE2 surely works sending and receiving data connected to my friend's SkyDemon