Potential new site

Ladies and gents,

I'm in discussions with the University of Reading about using one of their farms as a flying site. They are being really enthusiastic. I'm going to go to the farm over the weekend for a final reccy. Some time in the next week or so it would be good to bring 2 or 3 people over with motors so that the farm manager and can see what we actually do and therefore make an informed decision about how far they want us from their cows. Anyone likely to be around please let me know so I can keep you informed.

Google map link here.

It'll be an interesting spot as we have controlled airspace above 2500ft and a small airfield (White Waltham) 6 miles East.

Here's hoping!

Stuart, this is an absolute blinder! Well done. I am off for 22 days now so if you want to show them a 4 stroke I can be there in a flash! Have you still got my number? I am going to be trying to suss out a new farm just south of Marlow this week.

The farm manager and can see what we actually do and therefore make an informed decision about how far they want us from their cows.

My experience with cows (fnarr fnarr) is that the first couple of times they see you in the air, the are a bit jumpy ... 3rd or 4th time they simply dont take any notice.

I watched the local herd in the field next to mine as Richard took off. They literally didn't even bother to look up. Same applies to the horses just down the lane, they no longer seem to care in the slightest. you might care to mention that to the farm manager, as the initial reaction of stock is quite different, they get used to us amazingly quickly.