Looking for training course, based in Essex

Hi! For over a year I’ve had the urge to get in the sky. Lately it’s all I am thinking about!

I’m in Essex but don’t mind traveling to get good training, any recommendations? 

Also, I was considering getting a harness & a cheap wing to practice ground handling (in very low winds) before training, would you think this is a good or bad idea? 

any input much appreciated! 

thanks, Rus

Edited by Gasmanrus

Hi Rus, can’t help you with the training but getting a harness and old wing is not a bad idea but I would wait until you sort out and start your training and when you’ve learned the basics No problem. I done the exact same thing but to be honest I didn’t use it very much. Kitting a old wing and a newish wing is totally different, but if you can kite a old one a new one will be a doddle. If you’ve got a budget don’t forget what you spend on on the old one could be a good deposit towards your new one.

• 4 months later...
On 14/06/2020 at 11:30, Gasmanrus said:

Hi! For over a year I’ve had the urge to get in the sky. Lately it’s all I am thinking about!

I’m in Essex but don’t mind traveling to get good training, any recommendations? 

Also, I was considering getting a harness & a cheap wing to practice ground handling (in very low winds) before training, would you think this is a good or bad idea? 

any input much appreciated! 

thanks, Rus

Hi Rus , were in Essex are you ,   go with Alex Anderson for training  .