Jump to content

next wing after flying ozone spyder


MosterZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

ūüėÖall those different opinions are clouding my judgement¬†:coptor:

Most instructors are telling me the snake 1.2 is a ok all rounder ,not very scary, fast but safe and stable. the snakeXX/warp/Hadron on the other hand are hot potatos. The NucleonXX would be more a schooltype wing.

guess i'll take in all info left and right and make up my mind after a profound test flight.:ph34r:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MosterZ said:

ūüėÖall those different opinions are clouding my judgement¬†:coptor:

Most instructors are telling me the snake 1.2 is a ok all rounder ,not very scary, fast but safe and stable. the snakeXX/warp/Hadron on the other hand are hot potatos. The NucleonXX would be more a schooltype wing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think you just hit the nail on the head there MosterZ... I would be walking away from your dealer straight away.. The Nuc XX a school type wing...¬†ūü§£¬†
If you do not want to take advice from this forum why don't you contact Ramon himself and explain you'r experience to him, tell him the wing you fly and what wing he thinks you should be using taking into account your limited flying experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark Morgan said:

I think you just hit the nail on the head there MosterZ... I would be walking away from your dealer straight away.. The Nuc XX a school type wing...¬†ūü§£¬†
If you do not want to take advice from this forum why don't you contact Ramon himself and explain you'r experience to him, tell him the wing you fly and what wing he thinks you should be using taking into account your limited flying experience. 

Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate the advice on this forum. it helped to be skeptical about avertments from others.

But i also see guys going for a snake after 150+ hours on the motor but the're unable to do a spotlanding, wingover or spiral and are scared to death when they feel a thermal, they just want a fast wing and they seem to do ok on the snake, even with an occasional butt landing.

i believe it's more a personal choice and a wing should match the type of flying.

I still didn't made up my mind and will try to feel for myself which wing would be suitable to hang on for the years to come.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did my first flight on the snake 20 yesterday.

5% above the advised ptv range.

felt pretty good. nothing scary or ultra fast but really stable, felt like i was in control during the whole flight.

still had some lift after using the speedbar untrimmed (full power)

i tried to induce some pitch, (brake hard release) but it was almost impossible to get the snake to dive hard.

the glider stayed rock solid above my head 

the hard part was getting the glider up during launch. i really had to commit and push the A's full force with 20% trottle.

Landings were pretty smooth with 10km/h wind.

 

next week will try out the sirocco 2 and maybe the freeride and snake1.2

 

 

Edited by MosterZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2019 at 09:22, Mark Morgan said:

I would still go for a GTR  try a 22m @145kg 

There is alot of things going on when flying slalom it is nothing like flying around your local field.. Your so close to the ground and one simple mistake will put you in the water.  New pilots can get focused on the pylon trying to make the turn and will pull to much and cause a flat spin or hit the brakes when on bar.. Modern High end wings are not forgiving!! a couple of inches of brake pull while on bar and you WILL have a collapse...    The GTR although now old it is very forgiving fairly fast and agile.. 

 

what ever you choose good luck with the training.. 

Hi Mark, can't seem to find a GTR. but i could test out a GTS 22 , any toughts on that? 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2019 at 12:43, MosterZ said:

Did my first flight on the snake 20 yesterday.

5% above the advised ptv range.

felt pretty good. nothing scary or ultra fast but really stable, felt like i was in control during the whole flight.

still had some lift after using the speedbar untrimmed (full power)

 

Did you really use speedbar with the trims in? Have you read the manual? You need to release trims to at least 6 before using speedbar.ūüė¶

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



√ó
√ó
  • Create New...