New Niviuk Wings now released

Flypapuk

Its been a long time coming but they are finally here 

Niviuk Link 2 ( beginner) and Niviuk Qubik ( Beginner/intermediate) Both wing are full reflex and feature all the latest tech, 

A few of us got the chance to fly both early in the year and they were a pleasure, albeit they were prototypes but the last version, I've since flown the Link 2 production and its a cracker, Simple/safe and fun, Easy inflation and Very stable in flight with the added bonus of actually having some flare authority which I know some pilots are struggling with from certain brands :)  

I am expecting the qubik tomorrow and hoping to fly it over Christmas so will report back then 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Qubik is a lot faster, more agile but not scary, separate tip steering toggles, it's a great xc wing, as for low airtime pilots, if you are current then 20-30hrs on a beginner wing would be ideal but it depends on the pilot, 

It's the best standard wing I've flown by a long way and I've flown quite a few 

Thanks for the info. In another post you indicated that the Link 2 was comparable to the Roadster 3. Having flown the Qubik is that still your view?

I've a number of pg hours but low airtime ppg on a Gin Pegasus 26 which I think is really a pg wing with trimmers and doesnt have much penetration into the wind. If the Link 2 is a step up in performance over the Pegasus the 23m L2 (flying weight 110kg all up inc fuel etc) instead of the 25 might be a compromise instead of the Qubik?

Hi , Yes the link 2 is still comparable to the R3, And for my students this is what I would recommend, However If you have flown for a few hrs and are looking for a wing that will last a long time ( something that progresses with you) then I highly recommend the Qubik,

The link 2 is definitely a step up from the Gin in all areas but it lacks Tip steering ,   

To put the wing into perspective, I'm a Niviuk comp pilot and fly a competition wing based on the Kouger 2 and doberman 2 but Since I've had the Qubik this is all I fly, Its just as efficient, not quite as fast (4kph slower) but has a lot more stability even in really rough conditions,  It's very pitch stable and no oscillation, The perfect wing for going places.

The Niviuk R&D team have really upped the game with the current models    

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 Links, a 23 and a 27, and previously a Revo 2. All told I've clocked up around 1000hrs on them and have been happy with all of them. However, now I'm looking for the best 'nil wind' launch wing available. Compared to the Link 1 how do the new wings compare as far as nil wind launching goes? Thanks. Dan (Marbella)

2 hours ago, poz said:

I have 2 Links, a 23 and a 27, and previously a Revo 2. All told I've clocked up around 1000hrs on them and have been happy with all of them. However, now I'm looking for the best 'nil wind' launch wing available. Compared to the Link 1 how do the new wings compare as far as nil wind launching goes? Thanks. Dan (Marbella)

Hi Dan, the new wings are completely different, they both have Ram air which unlike some other brands really help with the initial inflation, I too had a link 1 for a training wing and found it needed to open trimmers slightly for nil wind but the new wings are a lot better, if your based in Spain I'm working out at flyspain next week and I'm thinking of taking my demo wing with me if you want to try it, what weight are you 

Cheers Danny

13 hours ago, Flypapuk said:

Hi Dan, the new wings are completely different, they both have Ram air which unlike some other brands really help with the initial inflation, I too had a link 1 for a training wing and found it needed to open trimmers slightly for nil wind but the new wings are a lot better, if your based in Spain I'm working out at flyspain next week and I'm thinking of taking my demo wing with me if you want to try it, what weight are you 

Cheers Danny

Thanks Danny. I'm 82kg, but not sure I can get to Bornos next week. The  forecast is looking great though, so might have to move a few things around :)

• Like 1

On 28/01/2019 at 22:42, Flypapuk said:

Cheers Danny

What days are you going to be in Bornos next week Danny?

On 29/01/2019 at 12:39, poz said:

Thanks Danny. I'm 82kg, but not sure I can get to Bornos next week. The  forecast is looking great though, so might have to move a few things around :)

I will be there all week but I didn't bring the wing with me, let me see what I can do 

Cheers Danny