devon newbie

hi all

i recently became aware of this awesome looking sport.

could anyone suggest some training/introduction to the sport in the exeter/devon area to hopefully get me hooked.

any advice would be welcomed.

steve.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the club, drop in on the Devon page :D

We are a very new branch and as such still looking to get things set up in this part of the country. Spread the word and we may have enough people to bring in an instructor to get us started on the basics at least.

If the weather is good over the weekend, hopefully we will have the majority of the Tip to tip team training on Dartmoor, but I've yet to see confirmation.

If it is going ahead, it will be a fantastic sight seeing them in the air, and a chance to see what it's all about. I won't be missing it :lol::lol:

I'm near Crediton. Been flying 18 months so still a bit green myself. I would thoroughly recommend Andrew Pearse at Flying Frenzy.

http://www.flyingfrenzy.com/

He's a chief flying instructor with the BHPA. He would get you familiar with a wing and have you flying from hills which is a good start. In my humble opinion the motor comes later. Dont rush to buy anything. If you do you will probably see something more suitable later. Paramotors are evolving with more inherrant safety points recently. By the time you've mastered the wing, I feel sure you will've spotted something that suits you.

Drop me a line if you want to meet up.

Dave

Thanks for the replies, any advice at this stage is gratefully received.

if the tip to tip team are out at the weekend it would be great to see and give me a good insight (as long as i can get time off work).

thanks also for the recommendation of Andrew Pearse at Flying Frenzy, it sounds like a good place to start.

the advice about not rushing into buying anything yet is also very apt, i tend to buy the gear and then see about learning how to use it - you have probably just saved me a wad of cash!

i just have to find the time to learn, but it sounds like it will be well worth it.

thanks again for the replies

steve.