Macro Vibration

learner_driver

I am considering purchasing a Parajet Macro, I am wondering if it has a balancershaft. what is the vibration like, if there is there any?

I very much like the idea that it revs so low on cruise.

please can others comment on other potential machines.

I weigh 125KG naked weight and am 6'4" tall.

Kind Regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

Welcome, I think you might have come to the right place. ;)

I am 6' 6 and weigh just a little less than you do. I have a Macro and have flown it for around an hour and a half. I find it excellent but have not flown others to give you a comparison. I need to get a little fitter but flying with it doesn't present any problems. Vibration isn't an issue for me, it runs very smoothly in the cruise and at high power settings too. I looked across the Fresh Breeze Monster, that is probably worth a scan for comparison as well and I am sure that others better qualified will be able to comment.

Francis has flown the Macro and has wide experience and is impartial. Simon W heads up the organisation here and has broad experience. Though he is the Parajet distributor, I have found him to be frank and honest and his advice sound and helpful. He is also kind to furry animals and doesn't hold a grudge if you decide to buy something you feel would suit you better. :lol:

What size wing are you using, as you will see from my signature below I use either a 34m Synthesis or a 30m Paramania Revolution.

Hi Simon, Hi Norman.

I have been looking for a machine to power my tandem and have decided on and purchased a Parajet Macro. The engine is very smooth through its power range when "on-song". I am not aware of any balancer shaft or balancing adjustment on it. I think that it is balanced at assembly and should remain in balance through its service life. It has a belt driven reduction drive pulleys which are produced from a CNCed lump of high grade aluminium.

I took delivery today and also purchased the three bladed 106 cm prop from the Volution "Compact" which I will use for solo flying on the Macro.

Getting back to Vibration the 106cm three blader has no discernable vibration on my new Macro. I have flown Norman's Macro and Simon's Macro and thought that the two bladed carbon "pulse" prop added a small amount more vibration than I had been used to on the "Compact". I tried my new one with a wooden copy of the "pulse" prop and also with a carbon version of the same prop and both of these produced less vibration than my previous experience with the Macro.

What am I saying? I think that vibration on a macro will come not from the engineering by parajet but from the choice of ptop you make when buying it (not the type but the individual prop- is it balanced pracisely?). It is all in the prop!

I know that props are notoriously difficult to balance and on a big diameter it gets even more tricky with finer tollerances.

So....... The macro has very little vibration (IMHO) if you get a well balanced prop. Conversely if you experience any vibration on a Macro look first and critically at its prop! (I suspect this holds true for most modern paramotor units).

I am eagerly awaiting the new 136cm three blade carbon from parajet to fit my new macro as I beleive this will acheive better balance than the two blader.

Should a prop not be balanced before you buy it ? I guess not then.

I am flying a sport 3 - never flown a paramotor but know it is a calling.

After 7 years paragliding, I am frustrated waiting for the perfect day, for free flying

Other than the impending hurricane, after the days weather has died down, its hard to imagine not being able to fly most nights, on the way back from work.

That fact alone excites me. :D

I have been in touch with Simon and he is helpful and will give me the appropriate training, I am just trying to justify buying the first piece of kit I heard about. The Parajet Macro.

I live near Bampton alas inside brize class D airspace, So I guess I will need to take off nearer the A420.

Look forward to having my first flight

thanks for the responses

Simon

Should a prop not be balanced before you buy it ? I guess not then.

yes it definitely "SHOULD" what i am saying is if you DO get vibration on a Macro then it probably isnt as well balanced as it could be. It is far more likely to be the prop causing the vibe than the engineering of the motor and drive.

F

The likes of TP don't bother, hence the price.

They are churned out of a CNC machine and wrapped in bubble wrap.

If you get a knot in one half your stuffed :D

SW :D

If you get a knot in one half your stuffed :D

I think that they are probably balance-able though dont you? I mean for the price, if you have to spend an hour adding a hole filled with solder in one end it would be worth it. Or adding an extra parajet sticker on one side :wink:

It doesnt take much weight out at the end of a 1300mm diameter prop to make a big shake!

Have you seen the prop balancer that is justa piece of string tied to a bolt? you can balance a two blade both spanwise and chordwise with it.

Not so sure how you'd balance a three blade though. (assuming you had to which you dont with parajet's three blade carbons)

I assume they will be ballencable, We did Colins in the summer with some laquer, I think it was Colin?? not sure... but it is do able for sure, unless the holes are not centered?