HELP -- Simonini Mini 2 Plus Cylinder Issues

smaszczak

Does anyone know why the simonini mini 2 plus motor has 2 different types of cylinders (One stamped with an "A" the other stamped with a "B"? From what I can tell the only difference is one has the head gasket groove in the top of the cylinder (which I believe this is the older version and also stamped with an "A" and the other has the head gasket groove in the head instead of the cylinder and the cylinder is stamped with a "B". I am curious to know if anyone knows of any known issues with either of the two cylinders and why their would be two different combo's for the same motor.

You are correct about that regarding the A and B. BUt I am wondering if anyone knows why they make two different cylinder/head setups and if there are any known issues with the older one with the groove of the gasket in the cylinder as opposed to the head.

From my very limited knowledge of this...

I think that the piston is matched to the barrel when two different piston cast moulds are used.

Neither would be better or worse as long as they match :-)

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...