59 mph XC.

Just had a great 59 MPH flight to Didcot Power Station from Lambourn. (It only took 15 mins!!!) I was great to get settled into a good bit of high speed cross country. I kept thinking that the ground crew will not be able to keep up with us when we are covering ground like this!

I was passing cars 4000ft below me.

As soon as I got half way I knew I was not going to get back again.... but the point was to see what speed we can get by creeping a liltle higher. 'thinking tip to tip'

After I turned around to see speeds on my GPS saying 3mph (backwards) so down to 800 ft, still only 3mph fawards and bumpy so after 45 mins of sitting still and scratching every little bit of distance I could out of the flight I landed in the only green field with no water / cows / horses / sheep in.

While waiting for Pete B (star of the day), I spoke to the owner of the land (as is always good practice to do so) and bobs your uncle give it a week and we will have a full time, site, (which he is even happy to put a large shed on) at the standard few quid per pilot per day.

So all in all, a great day!

Thanks to Pete B for the pick up! for that you can have your windsoc back :lol::lol::lol:

SimoJet looks sounds works lovely well done!

SW :D

Sorry mate I cant hear you??? it..s .......al......l.......gon.......e....c.....r....a..cc......l...y.....Beeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppp :wink:

any time inside of:- (01:00 til 01:30, monday till tuesday, inside a 2 mile radius of my house)

SW :D