My report for today..

..as on Scumdog FB

Anyone with any tips greafully received..

Bloody Hell..I'm utterly exhausted.. 6 aborts before getting away on the 7th! Conditions were perfect EXCEPT it was too light! IE there was absolutle no wind..forcast very light from North..but got a puff from the south, then a puff from the west, then a puff from the east...I moveda round the field 4 times! Initially the wing came up out of line and it was hard to correct and keep it above my head. On one go it was peerfect above and I ran and Ran and Ran..NOTHING..then the hedge ... Set up for an easterly perfect solid puff....connect all ready...its coming from the west..oh you bastard..waited..waited..nope...AGAIN..reset to the middle of the filed facing west and just caned it...my final effort before collapse..aaaaatttt lllaaasssttt!!

A local flight with some good crank n banks and practicing following tractor tracks in the filed..phew..going down the pub.. :)

..as on Scumdog FB

Anyone with any tips greafully received..

Bloody Hell..I'm utterly exhausted.. 6 aborts before getting away on the 7th! Conditions were perfect EXCEPT it was too light! IE there was absolutle no wind..forcast very light from North..but got a puff from the south, then a puff from the west, then a puff from the east...I moveda round the field 4 times! Initially the wing came up out of line and it was hard to correct and keep it above my head. On one go it was peerfect above and I ran and Ran and Ran..NOTHING..then the hedge ... Set up for an easterly perfect solid puff....connect all ready...its coming from the west..oh you bastard..waited..waited..nope...AGAIN..reset to the middle of the filed facing west and just caned it...my final effort before collapse..aaaaatttt lllaaasssttt!!

A local flight with some good crank n banks and practicing following tractor tracks in the filed..phew..going down the pub.. :)

what wing?

Hi everyone - thanks for the tips & vid.

Sorry didnt respond sooner - been out flying again today. Again extreme light winds but this time from one direction - 3 launches all perfectly fine. I don't have a problem with nil/light wind launches..what I had a proiblem with is the multi directional thermic or whatever puffs of wind from any direction at any time.

Having said that all advice is very well taken, so thanks.

Flying a Rev02 26m.

Today was interesting - flying along nicely if a bit low (say 300ft), up over the moor when my throttle sticks at lowish revs (not enough to stay up) ni matter what I did with the lever..!! My first emergency(ish) landing on the moor..miles from anywhere. Fkying buddy malin & I had radios but he was out of line of sight!

Anyway, luckily I had landed on a slope with some wind coming straight up, checked the motor - all fine - so took off again and finished the flight..

Latest opinion was that it probs a frozen carb (I fly a parajet Volution2 Macro - almost brand new).

Another lesson learned in this wonderful sport. Ive really got to get high..that way you have so much more time to sort problems out. Thing is with my speedflying background I love 'contouring'..

:dive: