Flying site, Newbury, Andover, Basingstoke triangle.

Guest chrisg547

Guest chrisg547

Hi, am new to this and me and a friend have just got our own kit.

Am looking for a site in the triangle of Newbury, Andover, Basingstoke ( or a touch further out ) which would be halfway between me and my mate.

Heard about the common land east of Basingstoke, is it possible to still use that?

Chris.

I flew from a piece of common ground SE of Basingstoke (just south of Old Basing). It is a great site, though you need to factor in the large pylons running across the south of the field. Do a search on here and you will find the details and map.

All the people I met there were very friendly and interested but it is the sort of place you want to set up and go to avoid complaints, I wouldn't train there. I would also cut the power at 1500ft on the way in to avoid noise, and quickly pack up and go.

Be aware that there is sometimes grazing in the field. I have never seen cattle or sheep there, but every time I have been there has been evidence on the grass that they had been in there recently!

It's a great place to fly. I flew from there to Andover and back. Another time I flew a big lap of Basingstoke, and another time made it most of the way to Reading.