pic

jock

HI ITS IS A GX200 HONDA CLONE ENGINE AS FITTED TO WACKER PLATES/GENARATORS ETC.IN STANDARD MOD ITS 6.5HP REVS TO 3.500RPM.BUT WHEN U FIT HIGH COMPRESSION HEAD.FLAT TOP PISTON.BILLET FLYWHEEL.CONROD,AND TAKE THE GOVERNER OUT U SHOULD GET 18-20HP,THE ENGINE IS WELL USED IN AMERICA IN FORUMULA GO KARTS WHERE 25HP IS THE NORM.IT SHOULD REV TO 8000-9000 TORQUE WILL BE 4000 ABOUTS.FUEL CONSUMPTION BETTER THAN A 2 STROKE ,WONT KNOW HOW MANY LIT/PER HR TILL I TRY IT.IT IS A TRIAL AND ERROR PROJECT SO IM NOT EXPECTING GREAT CLIMB RATES.IT IS SO CHEAP FOR SPARES IF AND WHEN NEEDED. IT JUST HAS TO BE DONE.EGG PARAMOTORS HAVE FLOWN A GX200 WITH JUST THE GOVERNER TAKEN OUT.WITH 80CM PROPS ROB SHAW AND SAM WEIGH 90KG AND THEY FLEW LOOK ON EGG PARAMOTORS FOR INFO.SO I KNOW IF U CAN GET OF THE GROUND WITH VERY MILD MODS.I SHOULD DO OKAY U CAN DO IT A LOT CHEAPER THAN WHAT ITS COST ME POSS £400.A BRAND NEW CLONE IS £110 FROM PUMPSUK EBAY.ITS COST ME £800 SO FAR BUT IF ITS WORKS IT WILL BE WORTH IT,WEIGHT 15-KG WHEN STANDARD 12.6 AFTER THE MODS//

Mate,

you under estimate your work here?

This is an ace project and looks like it will be an Ace paramotor. And it will soon become proof that a cheep and light 4 stroke can be made.

I can think of at least one other company who has been working on this for a while!

Fancy making another! ?

SW :D

i was driven by the expensive price of just a 4 stroke engine=£2500 upwards ,as most of us flyers dont have the funds for new ppgs we need to look at other methods to do it,even 2 stroke take a kx80 motorcross engine 28hp throw away the bits u dont need and u have a very powerfull motor,thats cheap to fix and get the bits for without waiting for them alex dell built one and it was very impressive till he had it nicked in mexico,he is making another one,take ppg trikes terry luke has done wonders with the honda vtwins 24-30hp no need for tunning either,all it needs is a bit of tinkering like u said simon.look at other peoples projects and ideas come along.someone will always try somthing just to see if it works,so far im very happy with my little project,i reckon with a 130 prop on a standard gx200 with just the governer removed it would fly well even with a 90kg pilot,

looking good my friend. Yes Rob & Sam have really started something with this 4 stroke project, there's quite a few guys out there working on this engine. If enough thrust can be achieved I might build one myself.

Like you say Jock, there's a lot of advantages building your own. I've just had my second flight on my KT100 Kart powered machine, I love this flying thing!

The climb rate isn't fantastic but I am 98.5 Kg! and I have got a slow (Trekking Parawing) but hey, it flys and flys well. Got to work on my landings though as my knees are getting sore :)

Joe

great to see u finilay got to fly it.98kg, kt kart engine impressive,i take it u r landing hard.u will soon get the hang off flareing at the right moment.practice makes perfect,i still have the solo version of the kt kart engine if u still want it,free just pick it up..looks like there will be quite a few gx2oo flying around soon,build one....

Not really hard landings just need to flare at the right moment. Thanks for the offer of the engine, very nice of you but I think I'll hang on and see how you get on with that 4 stroke, if you can get 50kg + I going to build one.

Good luck

Joe