Second opinion on my take off field please.

Guest brightfish

Hi guys,

As far as I can see my take off field and the surrounding area is OK for me to fly from, as long as I don't go too far to the North but as I'm new to this I'd really appreciate a second opinion. I'd also like to know what the maximum height I could/should safely fly at.

I've tried to upload a google maps file but this sort of file doesn't seem to be allowed.

Latitude 52° 5'56.05"N

Longitude 1°12'8.71"W

Joe

Hi guys,

As far as I can see my take off field and the surrounding area is OK for me to fly from, as long as I don't go too far to the North but as I'm new to this I'd really appreciate a second opinion. I'd also like to know what the maximum height I could/should safely fly at.

I've tried to upload a google maps file but this sort of file doesn't seem to be allowed.

Latitude 52° 5'56.05"N

Longitude 1°12'8.71"W

Joe

Joe I think you need to brush up on your theory as you should really know this before taking to the air.

Field looks good.

Remember the 500 foot rule ie Roads, houses

Dont go to far south

Please get a current Air map and check the NOTAMS

Hi Joe, Have you got an up to date Chart for your area? On the 1/4mil it is sheet 8 edition 13.

North is not the problem, you have got up to Flight level 55 just to the north of your field, as a rough guide this runs through the roundabout on the Southam rd, Banbury by the old Hella & Alcan factories at a 73 degee M. Just a bit further north this reduces to FL45 running through The old Chipping warden airfield, Now called Appletree industrial Estate, still at a 73 degree Magnetic. The bits to watch out for Hinton in the Hedges (2.5m South), Turweston (4 Miles South East) & Croughton HIRTA (5miles Soth. & of course any Notams! This weekend there are a couple of airshows about 6 mile East of you around Whittlebury & Stoke Bruern, but it does not look flyable! A few of us fly from a field about 5 miles NW of yours!

Pete, I did check this out before flying and also run it by a friend of mine for a second opinion but I just wanted to double check. I have also been checking NOTAMS.

I wont be straying too far from the take off field for sometime.

Can you recommend any good books, web sites etc to "brush up on my theory"?

Thanks for your help my friend :)

Joe

Hi PhatBoy,

Thanks for all the info, I'm aware of Hinton in the Hedges and Turweston being nearby, as I said to Pete, I wont be straying too far from the field for a while.

Is it near Byfield you fly from? as I've seen a few paramotors over that way.

Joe

Edited by Guest

Pete, I did check this out before flying and also run it by a friend of mine for a second opinion but I just wanted to double check. I have also been checking NOTAMS.

I wont be straying too far from the take off field for sometime.

Can you recommend any good books, web sites etc to "brush up on my theory"?

Thanks for your help my friend :)

Joe

PM sent