My ideal paramotor

Farmer_Dave

Chaps. I would like a unit that gives thrust like a Monster, weighs no more than

an H&E 120 (or PAP 125) and burns petrol at a similar rate to the Bailey. Must

have reliable electric start and a strong frame to stop the prop from getting

broken and give the pilots coxix good protection from innevitable contact from

the ground, whilst in learner mode. Oh and a good barrier between the prop and

the pilot. Not fussed what it looks like or who makes it really. Anyone have any

ideas ?

Dave

Dave - you have come up with almost the exact design spec that I have been trawling the web for.

But odd that you should be the one raising the question, as I thought that your paramotor was probably closer to my ideal than most. Especially as my build reflects that I have been known to have the odd pie and pint or two :wink:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on your flat top - does it seem too heavy, too powerful or too noisy at times?

With the new rules around larger tanks (>10lts) on the horizon, your machine is dual tank capable already. So does it matter that it may be a little thirstier than others ?

Anyway perhaps someone will have designed such a beast by the time I have finally saved up the £££ to buy some decent kit :)

Andy

...If it goes I'm getting the new one with the quick release harness and 30 horse power. If it dont I'm still getting the new one with the quick release harness and 30 horse power !
:lol::lol::lol:

Dave - which FT model are you after then? The 200, 200S or Evo ?

Have you had a comparative test with it yet ?

Meanwhile where are you advertising your current Beast ?

Cheers,

Andy

Andy

I mentioned it on here, some months ago. Wont be paying ebay fees and not worried if I sell or not. £3400....16 months old...100 hours ish...on the button and ready to go

btw. They all feel heavy when full of fuel and wearing reserves after the 4th forward launch attempt. FT 200 makes noise at full power but cruising at much lower revs is not bad. Does it seem too powerfull? Not at our weight Andy. Rips you off the ground nice and quick. Then you can back off and use as much or as little as you want. The throttle is very controlable too. It's not like a brake lever. Single finger trigger like Scalextric racing set

Dave