firebird g sport

playlist

any body know if this would be suitable for powered flight.i am a free flyer of 15yrs and i would like to fly under power,hoping to buy unit only and maybe use the g sport for short period.considering miniplane 125 or volution compact,my weight is 76 kgs.advice anyone.

Hi

I see its your first post..

we`re not ignoring you. :D Just probably don't know the wing.. Dare say though, my first flight (and many more after) was on an old apco santana hill wing... So yes, If it will get you in the air free flight, it will get you up with a motor....But from my own experience it will probably be a bit slow, and you will soon want something more motor specific anyway.

Colin B

• 2 weeks later...

I flew a Firebird G Sport for approx 30 hours, it is a bit slow yes but it was a stable safe wing, i only had about 20hrs logged when i went onto a G Sport. That was a while ago!!!!!(2002) I was 70kg & flew the large which is a medium by most other manufacturers figures if you look at the sizes & meterage.

Hope it helps, Geoff

• 4 weeks later...
I flew a Firebird G Sport for approx 30 hours, it is a bit slow yes but it was a stable safe wing, i only had about 20hrs logged when i went onto a G Sport. That was a while ago!!!!!(2002) I was 70kg & flew the large which is a medium by most other manufacturers figures if you look at the sizes & meterage.

Hope it helps, Geoff

many thanks geoff re g sport feedback