Local forum for local people!

dan_p

Hello

Any Worcestershire based pilots fancy a get together and chat in a pub somewhere?

It would be good to get together and try to sort out a suitable flying venue for the area, or at the least have a regular social meeting.

Dan

Hi Phil

yes I remember, and your just up the road in Bromsgrove too. Where did you do your training in the end, was it Spain?

hopefully we will find a couple more pilots then we can arrange a get together for a chat, then we can pool resources and look for some flying options.

Dan

SOUNDS GOOD I FLY FROM POWICK AS DO BOB/ RICHARD.ANDY/IM LOOKING FOR MORE FEILDS.THE FEILD WHERE THE NATS WERE HELD R ACE ALL WIND DIRECTIONS, BUT THE OWNER WANTS £140 PER PILOT PER YEAR IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.POWICK IS FREE TILL SOME ONE BUYS IT.IM UP FOR FLYING NO PPG AT MO NEED A FRAME.BUT POWERED HANG GLIDER IS READY..

Hi Jock

for 140 quid I'll bite his hand off! do you have a contact?

looking at the price of the motor wing etc 140 to fly the sodding thing in peace is no problem.

at the moment I have no TO with permission so its Paramotor Piracy, I'd rather have somewhere legit.

I rode past Powick today, there's sheep and cows in the field at the moment but it has been cut and cleared.

any one fancy a pint in a couple of weeks? what days are good for people?

Do you fly the PHG from Powick Jock?

Dan

HI THERE NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST 4 OF US FOR £140 EACH OTHER WISE ITS A LITTLE BIT MORE.THE FEILDS R FANTASIC THEY TAKE ALL WIND DIRECTIONS.THERE IS A PLACE TO MAKE TEA AND SHOWER IF NEED BE.IF THERE IS ONLY ME I HAVE TO PAY 180 THATS £3.75 AWEEK NOT BAD IF U LOOK AT IT THAT WAY THE GRASS IS KEPT SHORT ALL YEAR ROUND.IM GOING TO SEE HIM 2MORRO SO RING ME IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED 07963718675..THERE R SOME RULES WE MUST TAKE OFF AWAY FROM THE BUILDINGS,SHUT ENGINE OF AT 1000 AND NO LOW FLYING AROUND THE FEILD. POWICK IS OK WITH THE SHEEP BUT NOT THE COWS.WE HAVE FLOWN POWICK POWERED HG BUT ONLY IN A WEST-EAST POWER LINES TO THE SOUTH AND ROAD TO THE N- IM ALSO ON THE HUNT FOR SOME MORE FEILDS..

Jock

I'm definitely in, will ring tomorrow.

Eddie, hows it going. If Jock needs the cash soon then I can front yours if needed until we meet up (if your the Eddie I think you are?). Mynd looks possible on Sunday, what U up to?

Mike, Phill ?

Dan

ok thats sounds like theres 3 of us need one more.i know there a limt on how many he will let use the site to begin with.i will find out 2morro and let u know.payment everyone can pay the owner direct will know it all 2morro .i will be pg sunday, malverns or mynd will decide sunday morn.what a crap july.i dont mind anyone camping in my garden if they need 2,only 2mile from feild...

So let me get this right!

The Club thread was started yesterday....

You now have 4 members and a perminant site!

You lucky sods!

Well done though! Great to read.

SW :D

i would say 6ppg members and 2 flphg.not bad for a day.there is a max on how many can fly the site,but we have powick for the overflow.if any one around worcestershire bromsgrove,kiddy etc have any feilds.the more the merrier.its dans fault.

Hi Just got back from work.

I am away for a lot of the year, so, if I take a place, then I will be stopping someone else flying more than me. I wonder if I could get a restricted site permision to fly ? I have proof of my time away, so not trying to pull a fast one.

Anyone able to contact the site for me? Or pass the phone number on?

Cheers

Mikey

THATS GREAT I ENDED UP BUYING A DKT-250 WHISPER OF HIM.NEEDS ONE BARREL AND PISTON.I ONLY BOUGHT CAUSE I KNOW THE CHAP WHO SOLD IT TO HIM .ONLY FLEW IT ONCE THEN IT SEIZED,IF I CANT GET IT REPLATED AND A PISTON MADE I HAVE A MOTOR TO PUT IN IT...TV SHOWS WIND 12MPH 2MORRO HOPE ITS WRONG....

Did anyone get out? I ended up at the Mynd. Had a great day, good ride up on the SuperDuke then just shy of 2hr in the air and a great ride back. two toys for the price of one today!!

hope you all got out somewhere.

Eddie, I guess you decided to stay local mate, fairly busy at the Mynd and not the greatest day with 1000' ATO the best I could muster. Good fun though.