Action GT, info required

dan_p

Hi

Does anyone have any experience on an Action GT? How do they handle and compare to a Fusion for instance?

In particular I am interested to know if there are any nasties in coming in for landing on slow trim, or indeed taking off? In reflex I believe they are pretty solid.

I am looking for a new PPG only wing and would like something fairly dynamic to grow into, (will not be used for Free Flight, I have a wing for that and will be going lightweight once I get a dedicated PPG wing)

Thanks

Dan

Dan I know it doesn't answer your question, but I would include the APCO Thrust HP on your 'look at' list. Just switched to one a few hours ago from a very solid dependable Swing Arcus. It might tick your boxes, although of course this wing thing is a very personal one.

ATB Phil

I have been looking at the Thrust HP, though I am a little confused at where it fits in with the Vista HP, supposedly more performance orientated but also as safe if not safer for some sizes?? It does look like a cracking wing though, and a good price compared to other choices.

The reason I'm asking about the Action GT is I've seen one second hand, (I know that's a sh!t reason to buy a wing but it's a wing I would love to fly and not too far away from what I want). It seems that its the only glider you'd get second hand due (been out a while) that would have similar attributes to the new wings coming out, ie - good low to high speed range and dynamic handling without being as sketchy as say a Viper. I would like to try a Fusion as honestly that looks about the perfect wing. I also like the look of the Gin though I am struggling to find enough info on it and how it differs from the Fusion. All I can make out so far is that it is supposed to have a more free flight feel to it than the Fusion. If I buy new its probably going to be the Gin the Thrust HP or the Fusion. second hand Its probably going to be the Action GT. unless someone's bored of there Fusion already................... No..................didn't think so!

The Cruiser is a thing of beauty, it really is an awesome bit of kit. Looking at it compared to other motors you can really see the difference. There is no unnecessary clutter about it and it works perfectly.

Hows the company going? hope your getting some sales in.

Dan

Hi Dan.

Something that interests me with a new wing is how much speed is available with trimmers only. Some companies like to have a lot of extra speed on the speed bar, but thats a pain flying XC with speed bar on for a long time. I think Apco build a lot into the speed bar. Also there is all the extra bits dangling ready to trip you over or get caught in the props etc. Reaction TST is a great wing, but the Synth is faster when both are used without speed bar. I am the same weight all up as a mate of mine and I have to use a bit of speed bar to keep up when he is on full trims out.

What I would like to know is the real non-speed bar speeds of the GT, Fusion and Nucleon with the same set-up.

Cheers.

Mikey

PS: My customer Air Cruiser is still superb!

Hi Dan.

Something that interests me with a new wing is how much speed is available with trimmers only. Some companies like to have a lot of extra speed on the speed bar, but thats a pain flying XC with speed bar on for a long time. I think Apco build a lot into the speed bar. Also there is all the extra bits dangling ready to trip you over or get caught in the props etc. Reaction TST is a great wing, but the Synth is faster when both are used without speed bar. I am the same weight all up as a mate of mine and I have to use a bit of speed bar to keep up when he is on full trims out.

What I would like to know is the real non-speed bar speeds of the GT, Fusion and Nucleon with the same set-up.

Cheers.

Mikey

PS: My customer Air Cruiser is still superb!

Hello Mike,

How are you and the misses? fine i hope dreadful weather were having so i have been on here a lot lately i asked that question to Alanhinsaudi on a different post but have so far not got an answer.

He flies the fusion with a speed bar and i was interested in knowing the answer as one of my friends has just had a mishap on snowdonia with his speed bar so i have been weighing up the options cheers Alan

Hi Alan.

Missus is great TA.

How you getting on with the Fusion? Great wing isnt it!

Simon mentioned how you have to be careful with speed bars and motors. Thats 3 misshaps I've heard of recently.

I managed a ground speed of 53mph a few weeks ago (downwind of course). It was just about strong enough for a reverse launch, but wind sheer must have been high that day. That was on almost full speed bar. Cant quite get full speed bar with my little legs....

Dan, dont forget the Nucleon from Dudek in your list of wings.

Cheers Mikey

I fly my Fusion 29 with speedbar.

Trims alone the Fusion is a lot Faster than my Re-action. I will be putting the Re-Action up for sale once it has been through Aerofix tests, so a cheap wing on its way.

Reading the Apco Thrust stats the trimmers don't have such a large speed range and rely on the speedbar as in previous posts. It seems only paramania put a lot of it on the trimmers which is nice for cruising, oh and the dude Synth. On my reaction it was trims all the way out most of the time, on the fusion I sometimes fly only half out (feels equivelent to all out on the reaction) for pottering about and the rest when I want to go A to B. Sorry I know im another FUSION fusion fusion in your face fusion...... but I have really started to appreciate its qualities and I loved my reaction, it had a nice flying feel about it, but somehow feels dated and trucky now, if that makes any sense.

If you were looking secondhand I would say yes to the reaction a lovely wing. Revolutions come up secondhand also. If new im sure you know what I would be saying.

Business is ticking over, bit slow on the motors, price went up as economy came down so it was to be expected. All is good.