Possible route change

The Dig Tree: Just ordered a copy from Normans Link to amazon, £6.73 delivered.

Hopefully this will join the very elite list of books that I have started and actually finished, (count them on my fingers and toes). For some reason I can only get interested in real / true stories.

Whitters. :D

• 2 months later...

There is a reason why Burke and Wills did not survive the trip and if you choose, Summer to make yours you may end up the same way. 40-50 degrees Celsius is not something to take lightly especially for people,who are not used to heat and the ground crew will really suffer and not,to mention if an injury or worse happens you'll have a bitch of a time,getting help as only the flying doctor is available out there and it takes time to get to you. Also as Summer is Storm season (afternoons) from Victoria to the Cape and P/G deaths,have occurred (see P/G forum on 2007 world championships @ Manilla) as someone said stick to the coast or Mountains or the slopes and plains areas only i.e. via Canberra and Manilla,Inverell. If you choose the mountains I have 50 acres you can stay on as you pass through.

Good Luck !!!.

Best Regards,

Warwick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to the club and just started reading this thread - the Burke and Wills route sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm looking for an adventure to mark my 40th birthday so may look to join you and fly for a section of the route. And I'll have a 4wd (and driver) that could provide some support along the way.

I live in Sydney (moved out here 8 years ago from Portsmouth) so may be able to provide some assistance from this end.

Now I better keep reading through the posts...

Good luck!

Mart.

Welcome, and thanks for the offer to get involved!

Please could you PM me your contact details as I would like to pass them on to a member of the planning team. :D

Many Thanks!

SW :D