Airmaps and oil !

jack

Firstly a big thanks to all who replied to my first post about brake length last week, a fantastic responce, I now have the power risers on order after speaking with Swing.

A quick couple of questions please,

1) Does the 1 : 500,000 airmap provide sufficient detail for paramotoring or should I re order a 250,000 the obvious advantage of the former is the one map covers most the country.

2) Does a radne racket engine require fully synthetic oil or will a lower grade be better?

Thanks for any replies,

Jack

1:2500 covers airspace up to 5500ft. Usually high enough for PPG unles you like to fly high (do we know anyone like that?)

1:500000 is pretty useless for navigating as the scale is too great for much land feature detail IMO.

but if you use an OS landranger map of your area and transfer the relevant airspace info from the airmap then 1:500000 is a better buy. IMO

That works really well for exploring your local area without a particular flight plan. It also works if you plan an xc with particular goals but means you have to get an os map of each area of your flight (which is good for retrievals and walk outs!) but cna get expensive.

If you get e.g. memory map and can print out local maps as you need them you can superimpose airspace details on that, or you can buy the digital airmap which has absolutley everything on it and you choose the level of detail.

If you are just going to buy one map I reckon its the 1:250000

If you are just going to buy one map I reckon its the 1:250000

Seconded.

Nowt wrong with a 1:50,000 O/S map for local flying. Great for topo information, and stuff like church spires/towers

Personally, as a lot of the time you are running at a fairly constant high(ish) RPM on our various little two strokes, I'd go with the protection of a good synthetic, just as I used to on my trials bike. Castrol TTS has a good following, although I believe there is one manufacturer who specifically says NOT to use it. YamahaLube (or is it YamaLube) has some good reports too.

...Castrol TTS has a good following, although I believe there is one manufacturer who specifically says NOT to use it. YamahaLube (or is it YamaLube) has some good reports too.

Yes I've heard a lot of good stuff about Yamalube. It's only the 2R version that you should use and seems to only be available in the US. It is supposed to be significantly better than TTS for avoiding clogging up decompressors.