new wing

Guest leoibb

having read all the wing posts would it be fair to say the syn wing is the best wing for speed and safety or can another beginner wing match it? i am asking this cos i am gonna buy a new wing and want to be sure i make the right choice

There is no correct answer to that.

You have to make up your own mind for a yes or no to that one.

My 'opinion' differs as others will.

Whatever you decide to buy, enjoy it :D

SW :D

LOLOL

I think the Revo is a great wing for a newbie. I teach full time, and use the revo to do so.

When you buy a Revo as a Club member (which you are) I give a full days instruction on the wing.

Also, happy for you to come and fly one of my demos of course.

ah i see its a task in knowing what is what i assumed the thrust was a good wing but having spoke to an experienced person who told me to stay clear of the thrust as they are over rated and he knew of a person that didnt flair right and broke his back , i know it is very uncommon but i assumed the landing on them was very gentle and slow , i also didnt know the revo was for a newbie i thought the synth was for the newbie , trouble is ya read one thing somewere then somethin different somewere else so ya left not knowing lol i dont wanna run like a rocket to get off i just want it to be easy to launch and landings as forgiving as possible too match that to a wing and ya got me sold

O dear....

Well, The revo takes a little getting used to (as did the Synth when I first got one of those)

But, the best person I can suggest that you talk to is Dan the Tip to Tip weather man, as he is a newbie flying a Revo.

I also find that the customer support from Paramania is outstanding (if that matters to you)

For a long time the Revo was the beginner/intermediate wing from Paramania, I learnt on it from scratch with only a couple of hours on a knackered old PG wing to get the basics of ground handling. As long as you are trained to that specific wing with time taken to explain things like which trim to use plus launch technique then you will be fine. Once you are flying it then it's got plenty of speed to keep you happy for hundreds of hours. I have never tried any other wing but my previous school only used revolutions to sucessfully train stacks of pilots without any problems. Safety is largely down to good training and your attitude, but if you push the boundaries like the boys did flying the length of the country then it sounds like it gets you out of the shit when the turbulence gets way out of control.

Simon is auctioning the Tip To Tip wings shortly so if you are in the right weight range for one you could pick up a bargain.