Flying in Hampshire

• 6 months later...

Hi Torchy,

It wasn't me you saw flying - but I've just come back to PPG (after a few years focusing on other airsports) and live between Salisbury / Southampton - so If you want to go flying at some point then let me know.   

I have been servicing my engine (Polini 190 Thor - on my Parajet Zeneth) and it runs but its not very smooth.  I think the carb just needs some adjusting.   so i want to get it looked at by a mechanic familiar with 2 stroke engines.   have you used anyone locally that you can recommend?   i've got the number of someone in Newbury but I'd rather not drive 1.5 hours.

thanks for any help.

Oliver 

Hi Oliver

Thanks for posting a reply. 😁 It would be great to go flying somewhere local. I'm still learning at the moment at membury with simon Westmore. 

Have you managed to find a field to fly from?

With regards to servicing I haven't found anyone local either. I think most engineers are used to working on lawnmowers and probably dont have facilities to tune a motor with a prop spinning 🤣 could be dirty carb, or old fuel? 

Hopefully the lockdown will be over soon and we can go play again. Keep in touch and if I hear of a field or mechanic I'll give you a shout.

Regards 

Mike😁

• 1 year later...

Hi My current site is  not that practical for trikes.

sorry Brian.

On 13/01/2021 at 11:19, Oliver Henry said:

Hi Torchy,

It wasn't me you saw flying - but I've just come back to PPG (after a few years focusing on other airsports) and live between Salisbury / Southampton - so If you want to go flying at some point then let me know.   

I have been servicing my engine (Polini 190 Thor - on my Parajet Zeneth) and it runs but its not very smooth.  I think the carb just needs some adjusting.   so i want to get it looked at by a mechanic familiar with 2 stroke engines.   have you used anyone locally that you can recommend?   i've got the number of someone in Newbury but I'd rather not drive 1.5 hours.

thanks for any help.

Oliver 

I know a couple of mechanics around winchester that can look at it and there not expensive.I had the same machine and same problem a couple of years ago i took it to parajet near shaftsbury they did it while i waited cost £50.

On 05/07/2020 at 14:43, Torchy said:

A friend keeps sending me pics of some fellow pilots flying near totton/ romsey area of hampshire. Just wondering if I could join in on the fun?🤔😁...pretty please😎

That could well of been me, or the other PPGer i know of who flies in this area who often fly over Totton on our way to the IOW, but not much flying happened last year...

Finding flying sites in this area seems very difficult.

I lost one field when the elderly farmer passed away and the farm was taken over by a new tenant.

The other regular field i had used for several years had crops in it instead of the usual grass so that one was out of action for the whole year.

I couldn`t find any other willing landowners so last year i only flew 5 times...

The whole process of finding a site will begin again this year i suppose, but if nothing comes up.......i expect the appeal of PPG will fade away....