Micro Avionics Headsets & Nokia.

All,

Yesterday Mike and I went for a decent XC flight.

I had the very best conversation from Air to ground that I have had! I called Colin at his work with my N70 via a Micro Avionics headset and phone kit (phone kit £35 I think?)

Colin was not aware that I was sat at 2300ft under full power popping in and out of thermal until I said "Where do you think I am?" his reply, " I thought I could hear a slight buzzz, your flyin aint yu!"

To cut a long story short....

The combination of the Micro Avionics headset, the phone kit, and the Nokia N70 (old I know but hey) works very well indeed when in the air.

My only - comment, is the very fragile connection into the back of the phone. This is of course not a Micro Avionics thing, its a mass produced for Nokia for as little as possible thing.

Some sort of plastic tray to hold the phone and guard the crappy connector from any falling pettles or flies landing on it would be good. :D

SW :D

Yes the MicroAvionics set up is really worth the extra money. I run a 2m or a PMR on the main interface and an airband radio on the second input but it will just as happily take a mobile or an mp3 player.

• 1 month later...

Malcs,

Eddi had a batch of naughty connectors so could not use them to make the adaptor. He is on the case and I will have my adaptor here in a few days.

I assume that it will do the same job as the N70 one I had which worked very well indeed.

You also need the accesories lead (about £40 I think)

SW :D