Nirvana or Scout

Tex

I am new to the Paramotor world and I will soon be in the market for my first paramotor. Based off of what's available here in the US and recommendations from those who fly regularly, I have been steered towards Nirvana and Scout. In the Nirvana lineup I'd be looking at the Rodeo 200 and the new Ranger 230, and in the Scout line I'd be looking at the Carbon 185. I'd love to consider the Nirvana Instinct, but at $14K for the 230 model it's out of my price range. I've seen the specs of both manufactures and the reviews amongst their models so I am aware of the general differences, but I know those I have spoken to who own, sell, and fly them surely have some bias. I am looking for recommendations backed with facts, experience, and opinion between these paramotors. Thanks for any help!

I have had both Rodeo and Instinct. Rodeo was much easier to assemble and had more comfortable harness less prone to twist position. If I would go for Nirvana again I would definitely go for Rodeo or Ranger rather then Instinct. Had no experience with Scout.

16 hours ago, Ivan said:

I have had both Rodeo and Instinct. Rodeo was much easier to assemble and had more comfortable harness less prone to twist position. If I would go for Nirvana again I would definitely go for Rodeo or Ranger rather then Instinct. Had no experience with Scout.

Thanks for your reply. Will you be buying Nirvana again or is there another make on your radar?

Nirvana Rodeo was probably the best machine I had in terms of both comfort and reliability. And the thing which I really appreciate is that Nirvana is might be the only one company doing total rebuilding and tuning of the engines (Simonini) before installing them to the frame. Their paramotors are not the very lightest or most modern but really comfortable and reliable. That's my personal opinion. The big disadvantage which made me eventually buying another paramotor was 9 liter fuel tank. It is only 1h30min flight with a fast wing. I started flying cross country at that time and it became a nuisance. Apart of that it was a great machine.

On 8/24/2017 at 08:25, Ivan said:

Nirvana Rodeo was probably the best machine I had in terms of both comfort and reliability. And the thing which I really appreciate is that Nirvana is might be the only one company doing total rebuilding and tuning of the engines (Simonini) before installing them to the frame. Their paramotors are not the very lightest or most modern but really comfortable and reliable. That's my personal opinion. The big disadvantage which made me eventually buying another paramotor was 9 liter fuel tank. It is only 1h30min flight with a fast wing. I started flying cross country at that time and it became a nuisance. Apart of that it was a great machine.

This is my biggest concern with the Rodeo and Ranger, they only have 10 liter tanks, you must spend big money to get the 14 liter tank of the Instinct. I have been looking at the Scout Carbon closely due to its lighter weight, but I am not sure how I feel about having the added complexity of a clutch on the motor, just one more thing to break and maintain. 

To my oppinion - the clutch will make your life much easier and safer and it worth having the total reliability reduced.

With Rodeo the option is to have extra fuel tank by Nirvana on your knees. Unfortunately you then will have a question - where to mount the reserve??? There is no space underneath the seat or at the side. Potentially you can get it on top of the frame like PAPs but then it will be not so convenient to assemble and disassemble the frame.. Sorry, have no experience with Scout. 

• 5 months later...