Tuning Vittorazi fly 100 evo

will007

My engine is currently running too rich therefore burning too much fuel, I bought a cheapy inductive tachometer and fitted that however when fitted to my engine it reads way too high for what the engine is actually running at (i.e 6k on idle) it also fluctuates pretty wild too. I've since tried it on a Parajet engine and it seems to work fine with a steady reading. any suggestions as to what I can do? Manual says 3/4 litres an hour fuel consumption and I'm currently sitting at closer to 5/6.

thanks.

It's simple enough to lean off a carb. There is though a real danger that you can lean it off (De-Rich it) too much and do all sorts of untold damage.

It's all about the colour of the spark plug.. there are google images of the 'perfect colour plug' but I would highly recommend that you find someone who knows whats what to show you for the first time. :)

Happy flying!

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 6:09 PM, will007 said:

My engine is currently running too rich therefore burning too much fuel, I bought a cheapy inductive tachometer and fitted that however when fitted to my engine it reads way too high for what the engine is actually running at (i.e 6k on idle) it also fluctuates pretty wild too. I've since tried it on a Parajet engine and it seems to work fine with a steady reading. any suggestions as to what I can do? Manual says 3/4 litres an hour fuel consumption and I'm currently sitting at closer to 5/6.

thanks.

I do own a fly 100 evo too, wonderful and extremely reliable engine.

The standard average fuel consumption should be around 3 to 4 lt./hr. , as you have correctly reported.

Here's the link to the engine owner's manual  : http://www.papteam.com/objetos/seccion_descargas/esp/manu_evo100_vitto.pdf

@ page 9-10 you can find the procedure to lean the carburetion.

BE AWARE, and longly test the engine on the ground checking the spark plug color before to take off, as already told. A too rich carburetion shall reduce the engine performances and increase the fuel consumption, but a poor carburetion highly increases the operating temperatures with the serious risk of in-flight damages.

Anyway, it is well explained in the manual, carefully read it !

Edited by calcifer
  • Upvote 1