Still can't get a decent idle

I have had some great flights over the past few evenings - some high flights up with the clouds, and some low ones doing a bit of hedge-hopping. Great fun. However, if I let the motor idle (for example when I want to lose some height) the idle will start fine at around 2400rpm, which is what Fresh Breeze recommend for their solo 210 motor, but this only lasts a few seconds before it dies down and down and down to a very lumpy 1200 or so. Then when I throttle back up it gives a little hiccup before picking up smoothly. I have cleaned the carb thoroughly and checked the float level (Bing 84 carb) and changed the plug and cap, but can't get to the bottom of the problem.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like your idle mixture is too rich.

A smaller idle jet?

If this has just started happening (you haven't moved countries or changed altitudes), then there may be something else causing it - loss of compression, worn reeds, carb issue etc.

Sounds like your idle mixture is too rich.

A smaller idle jet?

If this has just started happening (you haven't moved countries or changed altitudes), then there may be something else causing it - loss of compression, worn reeds, carb issue etc.

I reckon the idle jet may be the cause - I haven't owned the motor long and it has never idled right in my ownership. I don't think there's any other engine issue causing it as it runs so well throughout the rest if the rev range.