CARB MOD

Just done the same thing on my Cors-air Black Devil.

Due to crap weather I've only flown with this set up for a couple of hours so far but looking promissing so far.

I'd recommend remotely mounting carb to avoid frothing and I feed mine from a reservoir mounted above carb to eliminate bubbles in fuel line.

Also make sure you get full throttle as I had to make a one off throttle to achieve this.

Can see some carb icing problems , so looking forward to warmer weather to get confident with this set up.

Good luck

Tim

hi tim thanks for your comment.i don,t no what carb you have fitted i wouldnt have thought bubbles were to much of a issue providind the float chamber is full .MYqueery is choosing the right main jet.and wonderd if anyone has already got the spec for a slide type carb on a solo engine :(

It' a PWK26 that iv'e fitted , thought it might be a bit small to start with but motor is reaching the desired rpm under load .

I was a bit paranoid about bubbles when I was using a Walbro so fitted the reservior then, and just carried it over to the slide carb conversion , It also eliminates any need for a pressure regulator with good old gravity feeding the carb.

Drilled main jet out to 117 and i think pilot was some thing like a 48 from memory , middle groove on needle.

I set fueling using a lambda at ground level and hopefully it won't richen up too much with altitude to affect economy , plug colour looking good so far.

Still needs a little fine tuning at idle but put this down to inlet tract length and temperature.

Next step is fuel injection when I've accumulated all the parts.

Tim

Hi tim it sound pretty good keep your eye on the plug colour I have yet to take the plunge ,yust hopeing

someone posts the spec on the mikuni VM26 8637THATS BECAUSE I GOT ONE .now the holiday is over il get on with it .It wont take long if i can eliminate most of the guess work.i will keep the forum posted

cheer,s DAVE