A question for SOLO

Guest v23nb

SOLO, in your photo album you have a picture labelled 'training in LA'. Who did you fly with? I am going to LA at the end of June (and tend to go there roughly once every other month) so wouldn't mind knowing who to hook up with.

Regards

Ian

Ian,

Bob Armond at paratoys.com is who I was training with. Bob is a great guy and is always happy to help. If you want training then he's an excellent teacher. If it's just some help on where to fly then he might be able to put you on to some local pilots. Bob flys out of Camarillo down to Malibu or over to Ventura.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was moving back to the US for a month and things were a bit hectic! I've brought my gliding rig with me so I hope to be flying here in Southern Oregon for a few weeks if work permits. If you need more information you can get me on dowen@solo-uk.com.

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks Derek. I am often in LA for 48 hours at a time and nothing to do. I'd like to hook up with some locals just for something to do and be part of the scene. I wouldn't bother investing in kit to keep out there so I doubt I'd get to fly but it would make what is otherwise a very dull trip for me (my least favourite place I go to) far more pleasant.

Regards

Ian