Vittorazi Moster - Opinion?

mazzy1026

Hi Maz

Not flown mine much yet but it does pulstart easily. It runs well and the 70 kgs thrust you mention is about right. Best of all it's light enough to get the weight of your unit to under 25 kgs and torque steer seems to be negligable :0)

I ran a Simmo 200 before. The Moster's not quite as powerfull, or noisey. Not sure about the economy yet but seems to be about 4 litres/hour cruising and I'm over 15 stone.

So far, so good. I like it alot

Hi Lee,

I thought you had ordered a Bulldog with Evo power ??

The Moster is a good engine and will get you up OK. I almost bought the EC Extreme EC25 myself as it has a very strong frame that is nice & light for ground handling.

I preferred the ease of electric start though, despite the weight penalty - and the Evo gives easier, shorter take off's and better fuel economy (less than 3.5 litres per hour). Even using the smaller 2 blade prop with less static thrust it still has bags of power in reserve.

Have you finished your training now ? Any more flights in the bag ?

Alan

Cheers Dave - sounds good...

Alan, yes I did - however there's been issues with fitting the engine in the current frame, hence there's likely to be a 12 month wait at best. The chosen option now is to install the Moster instead....chat to you about it when I see you next :wink:

Thanks all

Maz

I should be trying one soon so I'll let you know how it compares to the Evo for ease of take-off & climb rate - just a test though, I'm not swapping ! :wink:

Just a thought, EC Extreme offered me a superb deal on an EVO powered motor last year (think it is called the EC26) and the frames are very strong so it may be worth considering since you are looking at high hang points ? Nigel sells them at UKPPG, although I wish I'd picked one up at St. Hilaire at that price ....