BRAND NEW EQUIPMENT FOR SALE

hi, i am paddy from paddys paramotor training and i have a contact called rob swift from swift air sports who gives me great discount prices on top quality equipment, rob is a great guy and gives excellant after sales service, nothing is to much trouble, check out the equipment and prices below--

1 paraavis paramotor : All titanium 4 piece frame with electric start, very comfortable harness and caribiners, tool kit, battery, easy 100 2 stroke direct drive giving a thrust of 60kg that will fly pilots weighing between 60kg up to 100kg, all comes with paramotor carry bag, cage bag, and prop bag.

£2500. normally £2750

MODEL HORNET EASY 100

ENGINE SIZE VITTORAZI EASY 100

STARTER ELECTRIC OR MANUAL

DRIVE BELT

CYLINDERS 1

BLADES 2

WEIGHT / KG 21

TANK / LTRS 7 - 10

PROPELLER / MM 1240

ENGINE CAPACITY / CC 100

MAX RPM 9700

POWER 18HP

STATIC THRUST 60 KG

1 jazz paraglider : The jazz paraglider is a bigginer wing, dhv 1 rated, and is afnor standard, meaning it is a certified glider, you can choose your own colour sceme or have 3 different colours from leading edge to middle to trailing edge. £1450 normally £1750

Flight performancesFlight speed Vx, km/h

Minimal speed 23

Trim speed 36

Max speed 50

for more information and pics go to the web site at www.paddysparamotortraining.co.uk

and contact paddy.

I think it might be an idea to lose the term 'direct drive' from the description as it isn't. There is a drivebelt involved, thank heaven! I've had a direct drive 2 stroke light aircraft before and the prop turned at 6600 rpm, making it an absolute screamer. Also, if you have a prop strike the loads get transferred straight to the crankshaft whereas having a belt gives a flexible component to absorb all the shock.

Static thrust figures given by manufacturers or the guy selling the wing are not really much more than a guide. The real thrust that a motor gives "dynamic thrust" is very hard to measure and is not exactly proportional to the static thrust.

Static thrust is measured on a test bed nailed to the floor and each unit may have a slightly different static thrust measurement.

Dynamic thrust is affected by many factors, prop diameter, aspect ratio, airflow obstruction to the prop (wide beer gut?), prop pitch, speed through the air, altitude, drag of the wing and flight attitude. All these act to change the dynamic thrust during each flight. And each unit of a particular make may be sligtly different.

The only way to get it right is to test fly the actual motor on the actual wing. You could find that a motor with a lower measured static thrust figure is better for you.

I fly a Parajet Volution that has a static thrust individually measured of 56kg. I fly it on an Independence Avalon wing(95kg to 120 kg). I am 115kg all up. It is a little slow for PPG but I can turn off and thermal very nicely so it suits my flying. If I wanted to fly faster I would get a smaller wing and probably a Dudek Synthesis 25 or 27 metre.

I used to fly a PAP 1300 (48kg Static thrust) and at 110kg on a max 105kg Swing Arcus wing with power risers and that was faster and climbed as well as my present kit but sunk like a stone when power off :P .