Need your Advice between U-Turn & Advance ..

nrhb

Good day,,

I am new in this sport and need your advice,, :!:

I am planning to buy a wing,,

what should i take (as beginer) & what do you prefer between the two wings:

1- U-Turn (Emothion or Infinity)

2- Advance (Alfa)

and what should i take DHV1 or DHV 1-2

please waiting for your reply sooon..

Hi and welcome to the paramotor club.

Your instructor is best placed to advise on this. Are you having any or are you self taught?

Do you intend on pargliding as well or just paramotoring?

SW :D

My free flight instructor taught his students with slow, bus-like Apco Primas.

They weren't slow to someone who hasn't flown (omfg I'm FLYING!), but did indeed turn like manatee driven buses just as soon as the fear of something new went away and things began becoming automatic. Very soon we began crawling up one side of risers in weight shift to make things sportier.

The same *may* apply to you in your training (self or otherwise).

As Simon noted, best something to discuss with your instructor (self or otherwise) as they will be better suited to guide you toward the wing that will serve you the longest for your flight goals - which honestly will change right directly after you realize how seriously wide the sport is, and what path within it you wish to follow. whew.

So, while you may have settled on the two wings you listed for your reasons, be assured those reasons are subject to change with your perspective of the sport. This makes the decision harder, but also exposes the requirement to plan for what you want. Also do note that as you transition from groundling to pilot, the perspective adjustment can come like a slap in the face with a flounder, ie. I didn't realize....x, y, z

I DHV 1 glider will keep you safer while you "get your chops up" but you will also outgrow more quickly. For some it's a good choice, others regret it. A 1-2 will offer room to grow skills, but may also scare the bejeebies out of you as you discover the 2 rated bits when you weren't looking for them.

Probably not the recommendation you were looking for, but hopefully brain fodder anyway. Any way you look at it, you'll never be the same.

Hi and welcome to the paramotor club.

Your instructor is best placed to advise on this. Are you having any or are you self taught?

Do you intend on pargliding as well or just paramotoring?

SW :D

My instructor told me to buy DHV1-2, but I am concerning on safety !! :cry:

and planning to have pargliding as well ..

and my friends instructor adviced him to go for U-Turn Emotion or Infinity due to the new system thay have AFS.

My free flight instructor taught his students with slow, bus-like Apco Primas.

They weren't slow to someone who hasn't flown (omfg I'm FLYING!), but did indeed turn like manatee driven buses just as soon as the fear of something new went away and things began becoming automatic. Very soon we began crawling up one side of risers in weight shift to make things sportier.

The same *may* apply to you in your training (self or otherwise).

As Simon noted, best something to discuss with your instructor (self or otherwise) as they will be better suited to guide you toward the wing that will serve you the longest for your flight goals - which honestly will change right directly after you realize how seriously wide the sport is, and what path within it you wish to follow. whew.

So, while you may have settled on the two wings you listed for your reasons, be assured those reasons are subject to change with your perspective of the sport. This makes the decision harder, but also exposes the requirement to plan for what you want. Also do note that as you transition from groundling to pilot, the perspective adjustment can come like a slap in the face with a flounder, ie. I didn't realize....x, y, z

I DHV 1 glider will keep you safer while you "get your chops up" but you will also outgrow more quickly. For some it's a good choice, others regret it. A 1-2 will offer room to grow skills, but may also scare the bejeebies out of you as you discover the 2 rated bits when you weren't looking for them.

Probably not the recommendation you were looking for, but hopefully brain fodder anyway. Any way you look at it, you'll never be the same.

if you are in my place (as beginer) what you will prefer ??

My feeling is that if you buy a DHV1 wing, you will probably want to upgrade it after as little as six months flying anyway. If you can find a suitable 1-2, I would do that. How about something like the APCO Thrust (not HP), as this gets a good write up for free flying, but has a pretty good speed range under power?

Phil

My feeling is that if you buy a DHV1 wing, you will probably want to upgrade it after as little as six months flying anyway. If you can find a suitable 1-2, I would do that. How about something like the APCO Thrust (not HP), as this gets a good write up for free flying, but has a pretty good speed range under power?

Phil

Thank you phil,, i think i will go for DHV1-2 as most of the pilots said..

but I was thinking between U-Turn Infinity & Advance Alpha

have you or any one heared about these two wings ?

I am afraid that as a fairly new pilot, I have no knowledge of either of those wings.

You will probably have done loads of your own research, if you are anything like me. As long as the one you like has the appropriate certification, and you haven't heard a load of bad reports, then that's probably the one to go for.

Phil