Fuel lines and filters.

nirmal

I have on one occasion had to make a semi-emergency landing during an XC because of loss of power. On stripping the carb, it was obvious that the little mesh filter inside the carb was completely clogged, despite the in-line fuel filter being clean. I am thinking of replacing the brass clunk on the end of the fuel uptake tube inside the tank with a sintered bronze filter of the type used in Karts. Fuel starvation with two filters in the line is a bit of a worry. I have heard that Parajet use a similar type of filter for their products. Can someone confirm whether this is true or not?

What are peoples experiences with Tygon tubing? Is it better than the traditional reinforced black fuel tubing? I am thinking of replacing all the fuel lines with tygon. I have had problems with the outer layers of traditional fuel tubing disintegrating with time where it comes into contact with fuel and oil. The nylon reinforcement and inner layer remain okay.

Tygon is the way to go with the tube.

My parajet has a fibre filter in the tank.

Best thing to do is to clean the carb every winter as it should not build up enough over 12 months.

I put 250 hours over three years on my pap and only had to clean it once.

Pete b

Thanks for the info Pete. Do Parajets have the tank filter in addition to an in-line filter? I reckon a Kart filter should be okay on a Top80 on the basis that the fuel flow in an average Kart is likely to be far higher than in a paramotor. What do you think?

Full marks to Tygon from me too. I'd started using it on my Adventure, then swapped to the Bailey which uses it as standard. Absolutely no tendency to go stiff, transparent so you can check for bubbles, and pliable enough to fit onto just about any fuel union or negotiate pretty tight bends.

Thanks for the info Pete. Do Parajets have the tank filter in addition to an in-line filter? I reckon a Kart filter should be okay on a Top80 on the basis that the fuel flow in an average Kart is likely to be far higher than in a paramotor. What do you think?

Parajets just have the one in the tank, this will be fine for yours.

Pete b