Anyone up for it.

flyingdoc

An update on the airfield.

The owners are happy to let us use Chirk airfield for paramotoring. They don't want any payment for its use unless we are having large gatherings. They are happy to let paramotorists use it even on saturdays and sunday evenings as long as we keep well away from the car-boot sale at the bottom of the field but it will probably be better for us to wait till the car-boot sales end, so that there are less people around.

It gets quite thermic there on warm afternoons even on low wind days because of all the roads, buildings and roundabouts around. I tried unsuccessfully to launch in very low winds yesterday, but the direction kept switching from east to south and even to the west every few seconds. I gave up and called it a day after 3 failed launches. No damage to either me or the kit.

If anyone feels up to trying it out on friday evening, I am game.

Perhaps 'grandmother & egg-sucking' type advice here, but remember if they have 1000 or more people at the boot sale (don't even know if that's likely), then you need CAA clearance as well as owners permission to land within a kilometre of the gathering.

Phil

I would like to pop up at some point and assist where poss to set the club up.

I will keep an eye on the forum and join in at one of your meetings in a few weeks time.

SW :D