broken comfort bar

Guest leoibb

was gonna go flying this eve and arranged to meet friend at a field bout 15 mns away, went out loaded motor up and saw some lovely black clouds lots of small gusts all directions so decided to leave it, but but my friend rand later this eve and he had turned up and flown , apparently he was thrown about a lot and it has snapped one of the comfort bars in half, which are steel.

anyway he ok but i am very surprised of how it can break

no it was in the air were it broke apparently , the machine is one of paul axbys, strong steel machine, mine is the walkerjet but i didnt go flyin thought better of it.

the hook in points is on the harness all these bars do is stop the harness pressing on your chest so i assumed no real major presure on them, apparently during the flight he got spun around in the air and thats when it broke. i did ask how he landed he said no problem , im surprised how somethin like that can just snap, maybe a weak part or something i dont know

ought to have put this in last one, no it didnt break at the weld the bar snapped clean were no weld is present. i will if i get chance go up an get some pics of it