solo 210 compressor problems

boristoo

hi there i was wondering if anyone can help????

i have a solo 210 engine that has been stored for a while.i tryed to start it and have broken the pull cord

which has now been replaced with a new one however when i try to start the engine there seems to be to much compression which makes pulling the starter very difficult. ive had a look on the net to see if there are any solutions to this problem and i came across a site which says i need to decoke the compressor hole inside the cylander head however when i took the head off the decrompressor hole seems to have a grub screw in in the hole and now i dont know how to decoke this any ideas?

hi there Dave, im in the york area . my motor has nothing fancy like that however iv just bought an electric start motor from ebay and im looking to get that fitted once the commpression problems are sorted out i think there should be enough experience on this site to fix this problem for both our sakes. since i have the head off should i replace the old bolts with new ones or is that just overkill?

Boristoo

Technically, if they are stretch bolts, maybe you should replace them. I'm going to re-use mine but check and re-torque them , if we get it to run. Did you find a hole in your piston and if so where? In the middle? Mine seems not to have been drilled out if that's where it is. Anyone know?

Dave

hi there Dave

The decomression hole is on the cylinder on the left hand side as you look from behind the motor and its upsidedown on the frame!. ive stripped the topend down, taken off the carb and exhaust, removed the little 3mm grub screw and dedoked the top piston and the head, cleaned the exhaust outlet and made sure that the hole where the grub screw came out of was spotless then reassembled only to find the problem is still there. ive tried to eliminate as much as i could without dissembling the bottom end to no avail. does anyone know what the compression gauge reading should be for the solo 210 ?and could this problem be cased by the bottomend?.

ihad same trouble ended up changing lots of things the compression even burned my starter motor out the next starter motor wouldnt even turn it they are a shit of a engine once running they are fine but if you get one which doesnt wanna play put it were you put your waste, somethin constructive lol assuming you cleaned and decoked it then smear the barrel with oil it helps also make sure you got good spark and the plug is wet with petrol somew are great to fire others aint so good it can be carb not lettin petrol in assuming everythin is set up right it will fire and start it is a very basic two stroke engine

Boristoo

Bottom end wont make it hard to pull start unless the big end or journal bearings are seizing. Take the plug out and see how it pulls over.

Lee

Put 16 .8 volts through your starter. They crank really quick. Lower voltages from flat batteries are more likely to burn your brushes.

Dave

got it running well in the end and yes i used a drill battery 18v which spun it over fast and fired everytime but i sold it and got a walkerjet simonini engine no probs, i think with these two stroke they are very simple and only a few possibilities if they dont work