Ultralight modular harnesses that do both PG and PPG?

fuzzybabybunny

I know that the mounting points are different, but I don't see any technical reason why a harness can't be made with two different mounting points, one for PG and another for PPG.

My dream harness:

Super lightweight like the Gin Yeti.

Modular like the Kortel Kuik II (you can add a backpack, a cocoon, an airbag, etc)

Use it by itself for PG.

Mount it to a motor and frame and use it for PPG.

Pair this with an ultralight wing that can do both PPG and PG and you've got a really serious setup for travel and fly.

Does something like this exist?

• 4 weeks later...

I looked at taking a GIN yeti, the previous wide shoulder version and adding extra loops to fit paramotor. Yes it is possible. Comfort, don't know, didn't get that far along. Air Conception released a lighter harness, so I didn't bother to continue with the project. 

Im now thinking of going the other way. I do more PPG and free flying, so to me it makes more sense to add traps to make ppg harness ready for free flying.

Actually, the riser mounting points probably don't matter at all right? The carabiners for mounting on a PPG is on the engine chassis itself (swingarms, J bars, etc). The PG mounting spots will be on the PG harness.

So yeah, adding extra loops to fit the Yeti onto a PPG chassis would be the best bet. 

I personally think my PG split leg harness (Kortel Kuik II) is way more comfortable than my PPG harness. And you can add a cocoon onto it as well since it's modular. 

I think a good, lightweight, modular PG harness mounted onto a PPG will be better, even if you mostly do PPG.

I feel like a PG harness used for PPG would be rubbish because they don't have mount points (at least mine doesn't) and they don't have an airbag.