Hi - and does anyone fly in the shere/guildford area?

carlnunn

Hi

I am based in shere and have just signed up for paramotor training from may 7th-14th and have ordered a new paramotor (zenith+thor 80) and wing(ozone spyder) - I'm keen to fly asap when I get back from the training course in may.

Does anyone fly locally? it would be great to meet and find out some of the best places to fly locally. Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

CARL

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

I'm another newbie to Paramotoring;  I completed my training in September and my motor and wing should be ready at the end of next week. I'll be flying a Parajet v3 moster 185 plus under a Ozone Roadster 2.I live about a mile from Barry's field in Normandy and a couple of guys I know through work have flown from there, and have explained its a bit restrictive and about paying etc. Hoping to fly from there and hopefully find some other local sites and pilots, so I thought I'd leave my mobile number here (07748 212 700) and so if anyone is heading to barry's field in the coming weeks it would be great you could let me know, show me around etc and hopefully go flying.

Look forward to hopefully hearing from or meeting you.

Alex

Hi Alex - I don't think I'll be flying for a few months now but will give you a call at some stage when I do - May I suggest you go on some of the events you see on this forum as I really enjoyed the ones I went to and it a great way to get flying and meet other flyers.

I found it really hard to find flying sites locally as everyone seems keen to protect their own site so not much sharing of information unfortunately - but I'll let you know when I fly next and show the site I fly from

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cas, 

That might be biting off a bit more than I can chew. Got my motor broken in last weekend and the recommendation is to keep to shortish flights for the first few running hours. 

As I said before I completed my training in September, so this will be my first chance to fly my own kit. So look no to get in a bit of ground handling and a couple of 30-45 min flights. I'm free all weekend except Saturday aft/evening. 

I also had a question about the vario's you mentioned. Is it just an baro so you know you're below the correct Flight levels?  Also what do you fly in the way of comms?

Alex 

Ah OK,  yea I have a PMR so thats good. Really just want someway that someone else can let me know if there's a problem given its new kit and a new area etc. 

I don't have a vario as such at the moment but have XCSoar on my mobile and which has the airspace maps and a GPS altitude 

• 3 months later...

Hi I ve flown here a few times. Its a good site but the LZ/TOZ keeps getting smaller as Barry lets the grass grow in most of the field. Hope to fly this summer again. Let me know if you want to meet up at his field sometime this summer.

Cheers Mike

Edited by miker575