Bore Chasers 2016 XC planning

hi all , im planning some XC routes for the forth coming bore chasers 2016.

ive got a nice 60km triangle via chepstow and monmouth via the wye valley then back to base.

also another route to monmouth then a hill top castle via wye valley.

does anyone know of any landing fields within 1 hr of the bore chasers site- might be nice to do a flight then refuel and then onwards.

also any other suggestions welcome

Nice one for putting that together. :-)

I wish the new site was live as I would tag a few people!!

I will of course let them know.

We can support this on the ground as well I am sure, so if anyone does have engine issues, I am sure one of the PMC crew will adventure out to re-unite you with the fly-in :-)

Thanks for putting in the effort, remind me to buy you a pint :-)

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to have a land out during an XC fuel or no fuel. :-) Makes it much more interesting I think. :-)

I wish I was more local with the knowledge that comes with it so I could help more but I have only a handful of contacts and they are all too close to have as a land out field.

For people who have not flown XC or just fancy a nice mellow bimble about... 60kms is plenty :-) nice flight, land be social, have some food, be merry and then fly again if you fancy it :-) Remember this is a Fly-in not a competition :-)

Hi

No not for that circuit but wondering if any land out options for longer trips,

Your old Moster is a thirsty old girl, drinks 5-6l per hour with a fatman riding her

I know!!! I told you my fuel burn when I sold it to you... :wink: Drinks like a fish but goes on and on... You should come down and try one of our Mac Fly machines... :wink:

For people who have not flown XC or just fancy a nice mellow bimble about... 60kms is plenty :-) nice flight, land be social, have some food, be merry and then fly again if you fancy it :-) Remember this is a Fly-in not a competition :-)

I never said it was a comp!!! I guess I had a baptism of fire when i started... We had some very experienced pilots in this area my Very first XC on my old Bailey V3 was a tad over 200km.. Landed for fuel food and a very long Piss....