24 ozone sirocco

Hi guys

patiently awaiting my new sirocco 24 to go along with my 26 spider.

love the spider so keeping that for long xc flights and ordered the smaller sirocco as a more playful choice.

have been pging for awhile now and found the spider abit too slow responce wise but quite happy with its overal speed and ease of takeoff and landing.

Concidering I havent tried the sirocco,I think I will enjoy its faster responce.

I'm 90kg and 120kg all up

can somebody who's flown this wing give me some feedback.?

haven't found much info on this wing..!

thanks!

I am about the same weight as you and have been flying a Sirocco 24 for a year. I don't have a lot to compare it with, previously I had a Roadster 28 and have also flown a Fusion and an ITV Dakota.

For what I do, it's been a great wing. As fast as I want. Crisp and responsive, very light on tip steering. Easy to get up. Over all, no regrets.

I am about the same weight as you and have been flying a Sirocco 24 for a year. I don't have a lot to compare it with, previously I had a Roadster 28 and have also flown a Fusion and an ITV Dakota.

For what I do, it's been a great wing. As fast as I want. Crisp and responsive, very light on tip steering. Easy to get up. Over all, no regrets.

thanks for the info Christian..!

mine should be here by the end of the month !

looking forward to flying it..!

Very interested in your comparison. I have an original Roadster 26 (total all up weight minus fuel 125kg with a Moster Zenith) and looking to upgrade maybe this year. How much quicker is the Sirocco that the Roadster and how else does it differ ?

Thanks..

Rob.

Rob, I am afraid that I can't give you anything as useful as numbers, but the Sirocco makes my eyes water and the Roadster didn't. Any faster and I would have to have something to limit the air going up my nose. All in all, I cover a great deal more ground.

In nil wind, compared to the Roadster the Sirocco is really easy to get up. I normally fly in nil wind, or very close to nil wind, so this is important.

Up in the air, if you want to throw it around it is so much more agile. Minimal input and you are on your wingtips. However, and I don't understand this, I have to work much harder to keep the Sirocco in a spiral dive than I did the old Roadster. The Sirocco wants to exit the spiral.

Ground skimming, I found that with my Roadster that it took all my concentration, the wing wallowed and I had to anticipate. The Sirocco is like it is on rails, very crisp and responds immediately to input.

To put this review into perspective, I am an intermediate level pilot and only have +/-200hrs...........so take it with a pinch of salt.

• Upvote 1

Ground skimming, I found that with my Roadster that it took all my concentration, the wing wallowed and I had to anticipate. The Sirocco is like it is on rails, very crisp and responds immediately to input.

To put this review into perspective, I am an intermediate level pilot and only have +/-200hrs...........so take it with a pinch of salt.

Christian, thanks for that. I know exactly what you mean about wallowing and anticipation. I find low level easier when the wing is trimmed at least half fast and as responsive as possible, even then its not confidence inspiring.

Thanks again for your comments.

If my shoulder ever gets any better I may look in this direction. I'll be grounded for at least two more months.