Fly Henry PPG

Rocknstick

Hi

The best fuel sensor on the market is..... A mirror... :lol:

We can supply/sell you with a PPG meter Fuel sensor no problem but my advice to people is why bother...

http://www.sussexparamotors.co.uk/elect ... _ppg_meter

The PPG meter is a Great bit of kit if your after CHT EGT WT, temps rpm monitoring plus allot more...

Fly safe

Mark

Edited by Guest

I'll second Morgy on that. I have a retracting convex mirror which was only a few quid and it has lasted several years so far and has been 100 percent reliable, no maintenance and never gets in the way. I've seen pilots fail to launch because of problems with in-line fuel sensors and they have the toolbox out while the rest of us are flying.

I got mine from ebay (USA) and it took no time to arrive: http://www.ebay.com/itm/38A-Retracting-convex-mirror-paragliding-paramotor-PPG/201426046022?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35605%26meid%3D9f8483677e0d4e9b9b3fd8435fc08177%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D200801950637

Seconded re mirror.

I went to the local ex army shop, got a cheap polished stainless (3"x2") mirror, attached a retractable key fob thingy, sorted. It came with a nice little bag which I glued Velcro to and it sticks to my reserve so its always safely tucked away and not scratched.

Mirror is great, knowing your burn and timing the flight is even better :-)

As I see it, if your flying XC, you will be navigating and have planned some sort of route. By doing that you will know how long it is going to take you.

It's pretty standard in aviation that you DO NOT use the fuel gauge as a measure of fuel, it's a pre flight tank dip and a known length flight.

Given that also our Paramotors are well capable of in excess of 3-4 hours air time... It should be super simple to take enough fuel for any XC or Expedition flight.

"In aviation, there is only one time when you can have too much fuel, and that's when your on fire!" :-) :-) Fill it up, and land for a brew after a couple of hours :-)

SW :D

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys, will go for a mirror, incidentally, you can actually see or at least I can see the Zeniths tank in flight, not all of it, I'm not a giraffe but you can see the hips at the bottom quite easily so you know when you start to see it sloshing about your down to 5/6 litres :-)

Not sure if this is a design feature of that odd tank they have on the zenith or I've just discovered a taken for contortion.