Traveling by plane with paramotor

brianh

I would like to do some traveling with my ppg . I have flown with a brand new ppg and just put the motor in my luggage with no problem but a used motor may be different . I can make the main frame separate in to piece and hide it in my luggage but worried about them not letting the used motor through anyone traveling with a ppg?

I have travelled a few times with a Paramotor.

Basically, once it had been flown (in China) we spent a day de-smelling the Paramotor. I had a shower with the exhaust system and left it having a shower while I went for food...

The engine was wrapped and taped. then put into it's own box with some car smelly's :-)

The only problem we had was that one of the cage sections was too big for all the machines and so had to be walked thought each time was was a bit of a pain in the arse.

SW :D

Quite honestly, I don't know and that is currently exactly what I am worried about also.

I have been invited to Monument Valley (which has been postponed) but am worried that US customs will take a fancy to my Zenith! lol

You could pre ship the motor to the lodge there and take everything else on the plane and then try to get it all home on the plane and if not have someone with you at the airport that will take the motor and ship it back. I want to go to thialand for 6 weeks to ppg and kitesurfing from British Columbia Canada.

That was my original plan to be honest. I was going to box up and send the engine on it's back plate with a new fuel tank. carry on the rest (Parajet Zenith) and send it back again via UPS.

My quote for this was just shy of £400 to get it out there and back again.

My new plan is to hire a machine out there from one of the Parajet USA guys at a very reasonable rate. :-)

Sending (to a private address) is a good option for the machines that break down well I recon.