Need help with hang point set up.......

Pauly1966

Hi i have a pap 1250 top 80 and am trying to find my balance point the trouble am having is I have set it as far back as possible for my weight but the hang angle still seems too much!!!! It has the Ats system so I tryed swoping the sliders from left to righ arms which shifts the centre of gravity back even more now my hang angle is fine 5% but the angle of the slider are tilting back, is this ok or will it put to much stress on the swing arms or sliders leading to possible failure????? :explode:

Hi spigot am 11st/69kg and it was a static hang test. Am a rusty paraglider pilot wait for the weather to break so I can do a conversion course and have been getting all my info from ppg bible regarding set up. The person I got it from was slightly heavier than me and did suggest I do a hang test .

So if the unit sits more up right when under power I'd probably be best setting it back to the pervious set up.

Thanks for your help mate :D

I owned a 1250 top 80 for many years circa over 800 hours on it.

Firstly on a low hang point machine, you will not want the prop anywhere upright in a static hang test. If you do this, when you are under power the top pf the cage will be pushing on your risers and you won't get into the seat.

You will need a 25-30 degree hang back at static, so when under power flying level, the prop will be close to upright.

The holes in the arms are a guide, when I was around 70kg I was flying in the second or third hole from the back.

Hope this helps.

Hi chilly

I showed Cas a photo of my hang test and he said I was leaning to far back rough guess I'd say about 40%, I will reset it back to previous setting and post a photo would be interested in your opinion. Would a persons height have any effect?

Thanks for your help mate :D