paramotor forum ended

The problem with public forums is that the person who owns it legally becomes the 'Publisher'

It does not matter who posts whatever message as ultimately it's down to the 'publisher' to remove slanderous comments and so on...

It's one of the reasons I am quite strict on this site and ask for people not to bitch about products, services, people e.t.c and why posts which are outside of this happy place get removed.

It's also a legal requirement for any forum owner to remove a post which names or implies a person if they ask for it to be removed.

There are many other legal requirements like this regarding 'publishing'

It can be a bit of a mine field if your not sure of the legal requirements.

At a guess, someone was offended by something posted and sought legal help.

SW :D

Lots of interesting comments. The forum was not forced shut and SW hit the nail on the head.

"The problem with public forums is that the person who owns it legally becomes the 'Publisher'

It does not matter who posts whatever message as ultimately it's down to the 'publisher' to remove slanderous comments and so on...

It's one of the reasons I am quite strict on this site and ask for people not to bitch about products, services, people e.t.c and why posts which are outside of this happy place get removed.

It's also a legal requirement for any forum owner to remove a post which names or implies a person if they ask for it to be removed.

There are many other legal requirements like this regarding 'publishing'

It can be a bit of a mine field if your not sure of the legal requirements. "

I realised cannot read every comment made by every member, but if I do not then I can be liable to what is said. I would have liked to have an unmoderated forum but there is no possible way to do this without risk. I learned this and took the decision to close the forum, I apologised and even suggested we continue to use paramotorclub which it looks like many of you are already members.

Its a small sport in the UK, if we can get every member onto one forum then there will be more input, more learning, more knowledge all in one place. I would rather be moderated than moderator.

• Upvote 1